From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up competence or incompetence in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Competence may refer to:
- Competence (biology), the ability of a cell to take up DNA
- Competence (geology), the resistance of a rock against either erosion or deformation
- Competence (human resources), a standardized requirement for an individual to properly perform a specific job
- Competence (law), the mental capacity of an individual to participate in legal proceedings
- Jurisdiction, the authority of a legal body to deal with and make pronouncements on legal matters and, by implication, to administer justice within a defined area of responsibility
- Linguistic competence, the ability to speak and understand language.
- Communicative competence, the ability to speak and understand language.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.