From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compo may refer to:
- Demoscene compo, a competition involving multimedia "demo" programs
- A character from the British TV series Last of the Summer Wine named Compo Simmonite, played by Bill Owen
- Slang for British army field rations
- A shorthand term for "composition ornament", a general term for molded and cast mixtures composed variously from linseed oil, pitch, whiting, hide glue, and various binders and aggregates such as horsehair, hemp or dried clay. Decorative elements are cast from this material and applied to walls, ceilings, doors, and mantels for an overwhelming decorative effect.
- A slang word for compensation. In some countries there is a perceived culture of looking for monetary compensation for minor injuries as a form of income. In Australia the word is commonly used as slang for compensation, without any negative implications.
- Compo Company was a record company in Canada which evolved into Universal Music Canada
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.