Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||B.J.J. Moonen , E.M. Opdam,|
Compositio Mathematica is a bimonthly peer-reviewed mathematics journal established by L.E.J. Brouwer in 1935. It is published by Cambridge University Press. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2011 impact factor of 1.187, ranking it 26th out of 288 journals in the category "Mathematics". Since 2004 the journal has been published by Cambridge University Press in cooperation with the London Mathematical Society.
The journal was established by Brouwer in response to his dismissal from Mathematische Annalen in 1928. An announcement of the new journal was made in a 1934 issue of the American Mathematical Monthly. In 1940 the publication of the journal was suspended due to the German occupation of the Netherlands.
- "Foundation Compositio Mathematica".
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Mathematics". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- "Editorial Board of Compositio Mathematica".
- Dirk van Dalen, Volker R. Remmert (2006). "The Birth and Youth of Compositio Mathematica: "Ce périodique foncièrement international"". Compositio Mathematica 142: 1083–1102. doi:10.1112/s0010437x06002351.
- "News and Notices". American Mathematical Monthly 41: 121. 1934. JSTOR 2300351.