|Type||Division of S&P Capital IQ, which is a division of McGraw Hill Financial|
|Headquarters||Centennial, CO, United States|
|Products||Compustat Xpressfeed, Research Insight, Total Return, Compustat Data|
Compustat is a database of financial, statistical and market information on active and inactive global companies throughout the world. The service began in 1962.
This database provides a broad range of information products directed at institutional investors, universities, bankers, advisors, analysts, and asset/portfolio managers in corporate, M&A, private capital, equity, and fixed income markets. The database covers 99,000 global securities, covering 99% of the world's total market capitalization with annual company data history available back to 1950 and quarterly available back to 1962 (depending when that company was added to the database).
The following information is available:
- Compustat Data including Compustat North America, Compustat International, Compustat Global, and Compustat Point-in-Time data sets
- Industry classification and universe management by GICS®, NAICS and SIC
- Key market identifiers, including CUSIP, ISIN, and SEDOL
- Monthly and daily pricing data
- Standard & Poor's and other leading Index Data
- Estimates data from Capital IQ and Thomson I/B/E/S
- Qualitative content including business descriptions, officer information, and executive compensation
- Corporate Actions and Insider and Institutional Holdings
- Capital IQ qualitative data
- Standard & Poor’s Stock Reports
- Standard & Poor’s Industry Surveys
- Standard & Poor’s Issuer Credit Ratings
Products & Services
- Compustat Xpressfeed is a data feed management solution that combines key strengths of Capital IQ, Compustat and select third-party vendors to deliver financial and non-financial data to help clients enhance their proprietary analytics, financial portals, CRM systems, and more. It includes an extensive library of data packages from both Capital IQ and Compustat, as well third party content from vendors, such as Russell and MSCI.
- Research Insight is a financial modeling application built to evaluate company performance, produce in-depth peer analysis and conduct long-term backtest research. It is fully customizable and accessible through Microsoft Excel®.
- The Total Return Performance Graph Services provides the 5-year stock performance graph as required by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for inclusion in the company’s 10-K. Using the Compustat database, the graph is created in Excel and can be customized in regards to appearance and periodicity.