Computech Middle School
|Computech Middle School|
|555 East Belgravia Avenue
Fresno, California, 93706
|School type||Public middle school|
|School district||Fresno Unified School District|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
The school is part of the Fresno Unified School District. It was established in 1983 and buses students in from throughout Fresno. The school offers the Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) program. Students enrolled are selected based on their high STAR (Standardized Testing and Reporting) report and then interviewed. As of the 2011-12 school year there were 791 students enrolled with 31 teachers. Computech Middle School is a Magnet Middle School. The school is technology-oriented, and computer-related subjects are central to its curriculum. A key aim of the school is to promote racial harmony in the school district.
- "2009-2010 Business Directory". Central California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "EDISON COMPUTECH". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Lyles, Rebecca Moore (9 July 1985). "California-Style Computer Curriculum". PC Magazine. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON SCHOOLS PROGRAM Schools Recognized 1982 Through 2013". United States Department of Education. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "2009 Distinguished Middle and High Schools". California Department of Education. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
- "2014 Competition Results Middle School Electric Car Competition". Office of Science. 9 May 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Edison Computech wins national competition". The Fresno Bee. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|