Computer booking system
A computer booking system is a system whereby publicly accessible computers can be reserved for a period of time. These systems are commonly used in facilities such as public libraries to ensure equitable use of limited numbers of computers. Bookings may be done over the Internet or within the library itself using a web browser. Computer booking systems allow public service with reduced staff involvement.
Typically a computer booking system consists of both server and client software. There are both commercial and Open Source computer booking products on the market.
- Userful Pre-Book: a free and open-source computer reservation & booking system
- Checkfront: a cloud based reservation & booking system
- Planyo: another cloud based reservation & booking system
- An example of a computer booking system at Birmingham Central Library, UK
- : An example of an online reservation management system for the hunting, fishing, and outdoor expedition industries.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|