From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Computer system (disambiguation))
|Look up System, system, or systém in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term system may refer to:
- System, a set of entities, real or abstract, comprising a whole
- Meta-system, something composed of multiple smaller systems
In natural sciences
- Systems science, an interdisciplinary field that studies the nature of complex systems in nature, society, and science
- Physical system, the portion of the physical universe chosen for analysis
- Planetary system, e.g., the Solar System
- Ecosystem, an entity comprising a large number of organisms and their environment
- Biological system, a group of organs
- System (stratigraphy), a unit of the geologic record of a rock column
- Linguistic system, a conception of linguistics in the tradition of linguists such as Ferdinand de Saussure, J. R. Firth, Louis Hjelmslev, Michael Halliday, Ruqaiya Hasan, Jay Lemke
In information technology
- Computer system, the combination of hardware and software which forms a complete, working computer. Computer systems will include the computer alongside any software (example: operating system, BIOS) and peripheral devices that are necessary to make the computer function.
- system, a function in the C Standard Library used to execute subprocesses and commands
- System (typeface), a raster font packaged with Microsoft Windows
- The Apple Macintosh operating system versions 1 through 7 were known as "System 1" through "System 7", respectively; hence these OS versions may simply be called (the) System.
- System (Seal album), a 2007 album by Seal
- "System", a song by Jonathan Davis on his 2007 album Alone I Play
- "System", a song by Labelle on their 2008 album Back to Now
- Danish electronic trio "System", consisting of Anders Remmer, Jesper Skaaning & Thomas Knak.
- American rock band "System of a Down", also known simply as "System".
- System (journal), a scientific journal devoted to the applications of educational technology and applied linguistics to problems of foreign language teaching and learning.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.