Cover for Volume 45, Issue 14 (August 8, 2011)
|Founder||Patrick Joseph McGovern|
|First issue||June 21, 1967
(an introductory issue called v. 1, no. 0 issued June 14, 1967)
|Final issue||June 23, 2014 (print)|
|Based in||Framingham, Mass.|
Computerworld is a publication website and digital magazine for information technology (IT) and business technology professionals. It is published in many countries around the world under the same or similar names. Each country's version of Computerworld offers unique content and is managed independently. The parent company of Computerworld US is IDG Communications.
Computerworld US serves the needs of IT and business management with coverage of information technologies, emerging technologies, career information and analysis of technology trends. Computerworld also publishes several notable special reports each year, including the 100 Best Places to Work in IT, IT Salary Survey, the DATA+ Editors' Choice Awards and the annual Forecast research report.
The editor-in-chief of Computerworld in the U.S. is Scot Finnie, who leads a staff of almost 20 editors and writers, including executive editor/features and design Ellen Fanning, managing editor/news Ken Mingis, managing editor/online Sharon Machlis, managing editor/technologies Johanna Ambrosio and managing editor/production Bob Rawson.
When IDG established the Swedish edition in 1983, the title Computerworld was already registered in Sweden by another publisher. This is why the Swedish edition is named Computer Sweden. It is distributed as a morning newspaper in tabloid format (41 cm) in 51,000 copies (2007) with an estimated 120,000 readers. In 1999–2008 it was published three days a week, but since 2009 only on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- "Scot Finnie: The continuing evolution of Computerworld". computerworld.com. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
- "Computerworld Business Publication Circulation Statement". BPA Worldwide. December 2012. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Slide show: Memorable Computerworld Front Pages". Computerworld. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Computerworld Editorial Beats/Contacts". IDG Enterprise. Retrieved 2014-09-12.
- "Computer Sweden". LIBRIS. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Så gör vi om CS". Computer Sweden. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Mediefakta: sök mediefakta – ts.se – Computer Sweden". ts.se. Retrieved 2012-04-29.
- "Get CW's new monthly digital magazine". computerworld.com. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- Official website in the U.S.
- Blog portion of main Computerworld web site
- Computerworld.com.au (Australia)
- Computerworld.in (India)
- cwi.it (Italy)
- Computerworld.nl (Netherlands)
- idg.no (Norway)
- computerworld.pl (Poland)
- (Spanish) Computerworld.es (Spain)
- Computerworlduk.com (UK)
- Computerworld.jp (Japan)
- Computerworld.bg (Bulgaria)
|This computer magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.