|Industry||Software, Enterprise Content Management, Document management,|
Number of employees
|Slogan||"The Paperless Office"|
Computhink is the developer of the document management, enterprise content management, records management, and document workflow software Contentverse and its cloud version: Contentverse Cloud. Computhink's headquarters are in Lombard, Illinois.
Computhink was established in 1994 in Chicago, IL.
Computhink originally offered their document management solution under the name "The Paperless Office" on a 32-bit SQL database. In the year 2000, Computhink launched ViewWise and rebranded ViewWise in 2013; creating Contentverse 8 and its cloud version: Contentverse Cloud. Contentverse enables users to create an electronic filing system composed of cabinets, drawers, and folders, using index keys to manage and search a multitude of documents.
Contentverse fully enables users to reduce paper use and move to an electronic document management solution. A paperless office is a more efficient, cost-saving, compliant organizational strategy.
Document Management Features
Computhink's Contentverse is a document management software at one low cost solution with features that allow businesses to streamline operations while maintaining accountability through integration document imaging and scanning, security and email archiving:
- Instant search and find
- Version revision 
- Annotations 
- Redactions 
- Automated data import
- Business process automation 
- Regulatory Compliance 
- Web access
- Microsoft Office 
- Audit Trail 
Computhink Incorporated was founded in 1994 near Chicago, Illinois. The company originally sold a high security identification card production and management software program called IDtel. In their first year, Computhink sold one hundred IDtel systems to the United Nations for $1 million and became their sole ID tag provider. After the success with IDtel, Computhink created their first image viewing and management software program, The Paperless Office, in 1995. This was the first 32-bit software package designed for personal, single user, image viewer and image management use. Originally sold as a single user system, The Paperless Office was later developed to be used as a multiple user system.
By 1996, Computhink had operating offices in Chicago, London, Kuwait, South Africa, and Moscow with 85 total employees and consultants, and annual revenue exceeded $15 million. The single-user product was phased out, and network versions for small businesses were created and offered. As customer needs changed, Computhink moved from image management to document management. The reseller channel was developed in the United States and Internationally.
Between 1998 and 1999, The Paperless Office and IDtel were sold in 29 countries, across six continents. At this time, Computhink purchased Whetstone Technologies, the primary partner of Novell, to further expand their market presence. The Paperless Office was re-developed in Java and launched as ViewWise, the first ever server-based image-enabling product in the industry. In 2000, ViewWise became Novell’s preferred imaging partner, and Computhink decided to forego any involvement with the Whetstone Technologies products.
The network for domestic and international resellers was updated and broadened in 2006. Computhink became qualified as a Microsoft Front Runner, allowing them to release solutions alongside Microsoft’s product line. By 2008, Computhink had begun incorporating partnerships and connections with Kodak, Canon, and other third party viewers that complemented document management software. Computhink reached Tier III for the United Nations.
In 2013, the staff at Computhink realized that since 2006, the market’s needs and interests had shifted from document management to content management. Despite consistent updates and enhancements of ViewWise, the company decided to take the next step. The product was rebranded to Contentverse as the eighth version of the software. In 2014, version 8.1 of Contentverse was released.
- Founded 1994.
- Version 2.0 of The Paperless Office launched March, 1998.
- Version 5.0 of ViewWise launched April, 2000.
- Version 5.5 of ViewWise launched January, 2003.
- Computhink Partnership with Novell March, 2003.
- Computhink develops new version of Novell Groupwise Imaging.
- Computhink Becomes "Microsoft Frontrunner" May, 2006
- Version 6.0 of ViewWise launched April 4, 2007.
- Kodak, Computhink Announce Partnership May, 2006 June 26, 2008
- Canon, Computhink Announce Partnership September 3, 2008
- Computhink Named "Best Channel Vendor 2009" January 6, 2009
- ViewWise Named "Best Channel Product 2009" August 31, 2009
- Computhink Named "Best Channel Vendor 2010" January 1, 2010
- ViewWise Named "Best Channel Product 2010" July 19, 2010
- Computhink Named "Best Channel Vendor 2011" January 1, 2011
- Version 7.0 of ViewWise launched January 3, 2011
- ViewWise Named "Best Channel Product 2011" August 1, 2011
- Computhink Named "Best Channel Vendor 2012" January, 2013
- Computhink Named "Best Channel Vendors 2013" January 3, 2013
- ViewWise "Best Channel Product 2013" July, 2013
- Contentverse Website January 24, 2013
- Computhink Rebranding to Contentverse 8 January 24, 2013
- Computhink Launches Contentverse Cloud October 8, 2013
- Document management
- Enterprise content management
- Business process management
- Document imaging
- Records management
- Computhink Document Management Website
- Computhink Professionals on LinkedIn
- Contentverse on Twitter
- Contetnverse on Google+
- Contentverse on YouTube
- Document Management Blog
- "Computhink, Inc. Company History". Business Week. September 2011.
- "Computhink Corporate Profile". Computhink. October 2008.
- "Computhink Helps End the Office PaperChase". PC World. March 30, 1998.
- "Searching for ViewWise Documents using GroupWise". Novell. April 10, 2002.
- "Reduce your paper trail to improve efficiency, aid compliance — and do your bit for the planet". Microsoft. June 12, 2009.
- Name *. "Contentverse 8 Unleashed". Contentverse.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Wikipedia *. "Revision Control". Wikipedia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Wikipedia *. "Annotations". Wikipedia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Wikipedia *. "Redactions". Wikipedia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Wikipedia *. "Business Process Automation". Wikipedia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Wikipedia *. "Regulatory Compliance". Wikipedia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Wikipedia *. "Microsoft Office". Wikipedia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- Wikipedia *. "Audit Trail". Wikipedia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- King, Nicole. "Computhink Introduces A New Concept With The Innovative Product, The Paperless Office; New Product Is Considered An Office Information Manager.". www.thefreelibrary.com. the free library. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Computhink Works with Novell To Provide an Extensive Suite of Integrated Imaging and Document Management Facilities for GroupWise". www.novell.com. Novell. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Britton, Lauren. "Computhink Becomes a Microsoft Front Runner With Its ViewWise Document Management Software". www.businesswire.com. business wire. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Kontaktujte nás. "KODAK Capture Pro Software Adds Output Module for Scanning Data into COMPUTHINK VIEWWISE Document Management Software". graphics.kodak.com. Eastman Kodak Company. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "CHICAGO: Enterprise Content Management Company Computhink Announces Product Rebranding to Contentverse". www.veooz.com. Heraldonline. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Computhink Works with Novell To Provide an Extensive Suite of Integrated Imaging and Document Management Facilities for GroupWise". Novell. March 20, 2003.
- "Computhink Becomes a Microsoft Front Runner With Its ViewWise Document Management Software.". Highbeam Research. May 1, 2006.
- "Kodak Partners with Computhink, Reduces Paper Use with Document Management". Education Channel Partner. June 26, 2008.
- "Canon DR Scanner Compatibility Listing". Canon. September 3, 2008.
- "Best Channel Vendors 2009". Business Solutions Magazine. January 6, 2009.
- "Best Channel Products 2009". Business Solutions Magazine. August 31, 2009.
- "Best Channel Vendors 2010". Business Solutions Magazine. January 1, 2010.
- "Best Channel Products 2010". Business Solutions Magazine. July 19, 2010.
- "Best Channel Vendors 2011". Business Solutions Magazine. January 1, 2011.
- "Best Channel Product 2011". Business Solutions Magazine. August 1, 2011.