|Type||Public (NASDAQ: CNSI)|
|Headquarters||Wakefield, Massachusetts, United States|
|Key people||Philippe Tartavull (President and CEO)|
|Products||Converged Communications (traditional and IP), Digital Services, Converged BSS and Policy, Professional and Managed Services|
|Revenue||US $678 million (FY 2012)|
|Net income||US $5.1 million (FY 2012)|
Comverse, Inc. is a technology company located in Wakefield, Massachusetts, in the United States, that develops and markets telecommunications software. The company focuses on providing Business Support Systems (BSS), data policy (PCEF, PCRF), traditional and IP-based value-added services to telecommunication and other service providers, complemented by professional and managed services. For many years, Comverse, also known as Comverse Network Systems, was part of Comverse Technology, which had several wholly or partly owned subsidiaries; Comverse became a fully independent company in 2013. The name "Comverse" is a portmanteau of the words "communication" and "versatility".
Products and Services
||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (October 2014)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2014)|
Comverse’s products and services include:
- Business Support Systems: Comverse provides converged, prepaid and postpaid billing and active customer management systems enabling wireless, wireline and cable communication service providers (CSPs) to expand to new business models and lines of business such as: policy-driven smart data monetization, analytics-enhanced personalized marketing, mobile payment, machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions, cloud services, over-the-top (OTT) onboarding, and linkage of existing business processes and systems with social data for new kinds of applications and customer support.
- Digital Services: Comverse evolves network-based voice and messaging value added services (VAS) – voicemail, visual voicemail, call completion, short messaging service (SMS), multimedia picture and video messaging (MMS) – to a converged digital lifestyle experience across any Internet-connected device.
- In addition, Comverse enhances CSP offerings with social data and digital Internet Protocol (IP) based rich communication suite (RCS) services such as group chat, file transfer, video share, presence and geo-location.
- Policy (PCRF, Data Management and Monetization): Comverse provides CSPs with the ability to manage their data networks and monetize their data network investment through policy management, policy enforcement, and data plan creation capabilities for wireless and wireline data networks.
- Professional and Managed Services: Comverse offers a portfolio of services related to its solutions and third-party solutions, such as system care, expert services, and managed services.
History as a subsidiary
In August 2012, a series of transactions were announced that would end Comverse Technology as a functioning entity, by making Comverse Network Systems an independent company once again known simply as Comverse, allowing Verint Systems (the former Comverse Infosys) to buy back Comverse Technology's majority stake in it, and selling off other subsidiaries. Philippe Tartavull was named as the CEO of the newly independent Comverse.
These transactions were completed by February 4, 2013, and represented the effective liquidation of the Comverse Technology holding entity and the emergence of Comverse, Inc. as a fully independent company.
History as an independent company
Results for fiscal year 2012, which took place as the spin-off of Comverse from Comverse Technology was happening, demonstrated a return to profitability, with a net income of $5.1 million.
Over the years, Comverse has won a number of awards within its industry, including:
- 2014 – Pipeline's COMET (Communication and Entertainment) Innovation Award to Comverse Evolved Communication Suite (ECS)
- 2014 – TMC's Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award: Comverse ONE BSS 
- 2014 – TMC's Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award: Comverse Evolved Communication Suite (ECS)
- 2012, 2013 – Gartner’s Leaders Quadrant: Comverse ONE BSS
- 2012, 2013 – International Business Awards (Stevie): Best New Product or Service of the Year Awards (DMM Policy Studio, Analytics)
- 2012 – Broadband Traffic Management (BBTM) Congress’s Best Integration of Traffic Management into OSS/BSS Architectures & Best Real-Time Charging Platforms for Customers 
- 2012 – Frost & Sullivan Stratecast’s Billing Global Product Line Strategy Award 
- 2010 – Virgo Publishing's Excellence Award for Best Cost Management Implementation 
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 – Technology Marketing Corporation's Internet Telephony BSS/OSS Excellence Award 
- 2007 – Technology Marketing Corporation's Internet Telephony Excellence Award 
- 2007 – International Engineering Consortium's InfoVision Awards for Best New Product 
- 2007 – Technology Marketing Corporation's IMS Leadership Award 
- 2007 – International Engineering Consortium's Best VoIP Product or Service Award 
- 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 – Frost and Sullivan's Telecom BSS Vendor of the Year Award 
- 2004 – CDMA Development Group's Innovative Solutions Award 
- "Company Profile for Comverse Inc". Reuters. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Verint to buy Comverse Technology". Reuters. 13 August 2012.
- Ron Steinblatt (7 February 2013). "Verint completes separation from Comverse". Globes.
- "Comverse Technology, Inc. – Investor Relations". Comverse Technology. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "CNSI Income Statement". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Comverse Wins Billing & OSS World's Excellence Award For Best Cost Management Implementation" (Press release). TheStreet.com. 13 July 2010.
- "Markets in Brief". Haaretz. 11 December 2009.
- "Comverse Wins Internet Telephony BSS/OSS Excellence Award" (Press release). MarketWatch. 6 July 2011.
- "Comverse Receives a 2007 Internet Telephony Excellence Award" (Press release). Smart Grid. 17 September 2007.
- "Comverse Converged Billing Suite bags InfoVision Award 2007". Moneycontrol.com. 28 June 2007.
- "Comverse Receives 2007 IMS Leadership Award from IMS Magazine" (Press release). Business Wire. 19 June 2007.
- "Comverse wins industry award". Boston.com. 17 April 2007.
- "Frost and Sullivan Choose Comverse as Telecom BSS Vendor of the Year" (Press release). Frost and Sullivan. 15 June 2009.
- Galitzine, Greg (29 May 2008). "Comverse Nabs Industry Award Fourth Year in a Row". Technology Marketing Corporation.
- "Comverse MMSC Recognized With 3G CDMA Industry Achievement Award" (Press release). Business Wire. 29 September 2004.