ConIFA World Football Cup
|Region||International (Confederation of Independent Football Associations)|
|Most successful team(s)||County of Nice (1 title)|
|2014 ConIFA World Football Cup|
The ConIFA World Football Cup is an international football tournament organized by ConIFA, an umbrella association for states, minorities, stateless peoples and regions unaffiliated with FIFA, planned to be held every two years.
In May 2013 ConIFA announced that Sápmi had been chosen to host the inaugural ConIFA World Football Cup in Östersund, Sweden. It will be an invitational tournament played between 1 and 8 June 2014, with all matches being held in the 5092-capacity Jämtkraft Arena.
Twelve teams will take part in the tournament. Catalonia and Rapa Nui were thought to be potential participants, but ultimately declined or withdrew. The format of the tournament and the scheduling of matches is yet to be announced.
In parallel with the tournament, a festival celebrating the cultural diversity of the teams involved will be held in Östersund.
The twelve participating teams will be drawn into the three groups of four teams for the group stage. In preparation for this, the teams were organised into three pots.
|Pot 1||Pot 2||Pot 3|
Of the twelve invited teams, eight had previously participated at the Viva World Cup.
The draw initially placed Quebec in Group C and Zanzibar in Group D. However, in May 2014, it was announced that both Quebec and Zanzibar had withdrawn from the tournament. The Quebec team had affiliated with the Fédération de soccer du Québec, with the intention that the FSQ eventually apply for membership of CONCACAF. To this end, the team will only play internationals against full national teams that are members of either CONCACAF or FIFA, and will no longer participate in Non-FIFA Football. The Zanzibar team were unable to obtain visas to enter Sweden and were thus forced to pull out of the tournament. Quebec's place was taken by South Ossetia, while Zanzibar were replaced by County of Nice.
|Year||Host||Winner||Score||Runner-up||Third place||Score||Fourth place||Number of teams|
County of Nice
- "Les Québécois à la ConIFA 2014" (23 October 2013). sympatico.ca. Retrieved 31 January 2014
- World Championship 2014 (2013-10-06). "World Championship 2014 | Conifa World football". Conifa.org. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Conifa World Cup på Jämtkraft Arena" Östersund tourist information. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "Per Anders Blind president i nytt internationellt fotbollsförbund". (7 January 2014). Sveriges Radio. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "Laddat för VM i stan" (1 November 2013). Sveriges Television. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Berglund, Tone. (11 October 2013). "Älvsbybo vald till världspresident i CONIFA". Älvsbyn. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "سفين كانبي ممثلاً لقارة آسيا في (CONiFA) وكرة المونديال في الدوري ". Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "ConIFA World Cup 2014". Arogeraldes. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "El otro Mundial de fútbol que se juega en 2014" (16 January 2014). Pasión Libertadores. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "La CONIFA organisera sa coupe du monde en Suède" (3 January 2014). Football Mercato. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Bock, Andreas. (6 December 2013). "Das ist kein Gag!". 11 Freunde. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Adamsson, Niklas. (31 October 2013) "VM i Östersund: "Nästintill ofattbart"". ltz.se. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "ConIFA World Football Cup draw set for Monday". (19 March 2014). Non-FIFA Football Updates. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "سەرۆكی یەكێتی تۆپی پێی كوردستان بوو بەبەرپرسی ئاسیا لەرێكخراوی(CONIFA)". Rizgary Press. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- "Novità - Padaniasports". Padaniasports.it. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Stiller lag i Conifa World Cup - NRK Sápmi". Nrk.no. 2014-01-13. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "L'AOF acaba 2013 sus una victòria". Lasetmana.fr. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Actualités". Lepetitjournal.net. 2014-01-17. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Le Québec ira au Championnat du monde ConIFA de soccer | Marc Tougas | Soccer". Lapresse.ca. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Quebec - Québec Soccer". Quebecsoccer.com. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Soccer : les Québécois iront au Mondial des nations sans État". Le Devoir. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "On the Road to Another World Cup". Darfurunited.com. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Manx Independent Football Association | Isle of Man News". isleofman.com. 2014-01-10. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Les Québécois s'associeront à la Fédération de soccer du Québec, mais la sélection nationale n'ira pas en Suède". Les Québécois (in French). Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "New ConIFA World Football Cup opponents for Ellan Vannin". IOM Today. Isle of Man Newspapers. 6 May 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2014.