Concan is a small unincorporated community in Uvalde County in the southwestern portion of the Hill Country of Texas. It sits along the Frio River close to Garner State Park and is a popular destination for summer vacationers. It is also well known for the excellent birdwatching in the spring. There is also a Roy Bechtol designed 18-hole golf course open to the public called Concan Country Club or the Golf Club at Concan.
Several outfitters in the area haul swimmers and tubers up the Frio River to designated drop off points and then pick them up later downstream.
Concan Baptist Temple
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Concan, Texas
- The Handbook of Texas Entry for Concan, Texas
- Concan.com website with info, links and photos of Concan and the Frio River
- funrivers.com website with photos of Concan, the Frio and info and links to the Frio River area
- Texas Hill Country River Region
|This article about a location in Uvalde County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|