Concerto: One Night in Central Park
|Concerto, One Night in Central Park|
|Live album (with DVD) by Andrea Bocelli|
|Released||November 15, 2011|
|Recorded||Central Park, New York|
|Label||Decca, Sugar, Universal|
|Andrea Bocelli Album chronology|
|Andrea Bocelli DVD video chronology|
The album was recorded September 15, 2011, during a concert at the Central Park's Great Lawn, in New York. Guest performers included Celine Dion, Tony Bennett, Chris Botti, Bryn Terfel, and music producer David Foster.
PBS Announced that it would broadcast the concert nationwide, as Andrea Bocelli Live in Central Park.
After the announcement Bocelli declared that, "I cannot help but smile when thinking about the upcoming concert in Central Park. It was my father's dream, and my father was right, because my artistic path would have been entirely different without the strong and sincere embrace of this extraordinary city where everything is possible, even when it seems impossible." Bocelli continues, "My father will not be there, but I can count on his blessing and his kind and gentle smile to give me courage. My mother, sitting in the front row, will feel my father too, and they will be together again just like when I was a little boy performing on the fireplace steps. Perhaps they had secretly dreamed that I might have the opportunity to perform in New York City, and maybe right here in Central Park."
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said, "The Great Lawn in Central Park is one of the most remarkable and beautiful outdoor venues in the world and it is a great pleasure to welcome Andrea Bocelli back to New York to perform there. This free concert will be a memorable cultural moment for the thousands of New Yorkers and visitors that will watch the event live in the park, and many, many more through the broadcast by WNET."
New York City Parks Commissioner Adrian Benepe said, "I join the Mayor and all New Yorkers in thanking Andrea Bocelli and all involved in making a beautiful autumn evening full of splendor and world-class music possible, in one of the most cherished outdoor places in New York City. From the Great Lawn in the heart of Manhattan to the Great Performances series on WNET, where millions more will be able to share this gift, it will be a very special occasion. A million thank yous. Grazie mille!"
During the concert that took place September 15, during a rainy day, Bocelli was accompanied by the New York Philharmonic, conducted by its music director Alan Gilbert, and the Westminster Symphonic Choir. He was also joined on stage by singers Celine Dion, Tony Bennett, Bryn Terfel, Ana María Martínez and Pretty Yende, instrumentalists Chris Botti, Andrea Griminelli and Nicola Benedetti, and producer David Foster.
Release and promotion
Tickets for the concert at Central Park were made available August 4, 2011, following Bocelli's performance on Today, and the 60,000 tickets were sold out within the next few hours. The CD and DVD were released in over 70 countries, on November 15, 2011.
Bocelli later made television appearances include BBC Breakfast and the televised concert, Children in need, at the MEN Arena, in Manchester, in the UK, and Good Morning America and The Talk, in the States, which aired in December.
Bocelli gave 5 concerts in the United States in December. In the meantime, the concert at Central Park, hosted by American journalist Paula Zahn, was airing throughout the United States and Canada, by PBS, on THIRTEEN’s Great Performances series, and in Italy, by Rai 2 and Sky Uno.
In February 2012, Bocelli gave three Valentine concerts, including one at the Amway Center in Orlando Florida, setting the all time ticket sales record by besting the previous record set by pop singer Lady Gaga.
In November and December 2012, he returned to the States to perform in 6 concerts.
- Tour dates
- Box office score data
|Venue||City||Tickets sold / available||Gross revenue|
|Verizon Center||Washington, D.C.||11,713 / 12,560 (93%)||$2,058,345|
|St. Pete Times Forum||Tampa, Florida||12,560 / 12,900 (97%)||$2,109,295|
|MGM Grand Garden Arena||Las Vegas, Nevada||11,530 / 12,220 (94%)||$2,405,217|
|Honda Center||Anaheim, California||10,092 / 11,460 (88%)||$1,869,710|
|Frank Erwin Center||Austin, Texas||9,830 / 10,902 (90%)||$1,630,337|
|Amway Center||Orlando, Florida||10,526 / 11,601 (91%)||$1,620,171|
|BankAtlantic Center||Fort Lauderdale, Florida||13,312 / 13,312 (100%)||$2,209,915|
|The O2 Arena||London, England||22,298 / 24,234 (92%)||$3,293,450|
|HP Pavilion||San Jose, California||11,821 / 12,440 (95%)||$1,716,348|
|MGM Grand Garden Arena||Las Vegas, Nevada||11,142 / 12,282 (91%)||$2,206,376|
|Toyota Center||Houston,Texas||12,162 / 12,764 (95%)||$2,084,373|
|American Airlines Center||Dallas,Texas||12,672 / 13,165 (96%)||$1,987,681|
|Allstate Arena||Rosemont, Illinois||13,307 / 13,307 (100%)||$2,277,227|
|Barclays Center||Brooklyn, New York||13,275 / 13,275 (100%)||$2,522,257|
|Total||176,240 / 186,281 (95%)||$29,990,702|
Concerto: One Night in Central Park entered the Billboard 200 at No. 4 with 87,000 copies sold, becoming Bocelli's sixth top 10 effort, while My Christmas, his 2009 album, climbed from No. 62 to 36, with 17,000 copies sold, up 83% from the previous week. On its second week, the album fell to No. 14, with nearly 65,000 copies sold, down 25%, while My Christmas fell to No. 50, with 23,000. copies. On its third week, Concerto returned to the top 10, jumping to No. 8, with 61,000 copies, down 6%, while My Christmas rebounded to No. 17 with 35,000 copies sold, making Bocelli the only artist with two albums in the top 20 that week. The following week, Concerto jumped two spots to No. 6, with 79,000 copies sold, up 14%, while Bocelli continued to be the only artist with two albums in the top 20 for a second consecutive week, as My Christmas also rose to No. 16, with 49,000 copies sold. In its fifth week of release the album sold 76,000 more copies, down 3%, sliding just two positions to No. 8 on the chart, while my Christmas fell to No. 19, with 48,000 copies sold, giving Bocelli yet another week with 2 albums in the Top 20. On its sixth week of release, the live album dropped to No. 13, while the Christmas album dropped to No. 36, slipping to No. 2 on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart after spending 3 straight week a top the chart. Selling a total of 460,000 copies in less than 2 month in the States, Concerto was the 8th best selling album during the 2011 holiday season.
The album entered at No. 17 on the UK Albums Chart, spending the last 6 weeks of 2011 in the top 30 of the chart. With 154,800 copies sold by year end, it finished at No. 77 on the Top 100 Best Selling Albums of 2011 list. The album also topped the Classical Compilation Albums Chart of the Official Charts.
|18.||"'O Sole Mio"||Giovanni Capurro and Eduardo di Capua||Neapolitan song||3:23|
Charts and certifications
- Official Decca website Decca Records
- Bocelli album discography Sugar Records
- Andrea Bocelli Concerto: One Night In Central Park CD & DVD Set for November 15 Release
- Céline Dion, Tony Bennett Among Those To Celebrate With Andrea Bocelli On Central Park’s Great Lawn
- PBS Announces Andrea Bocelli Live in Central Park, The Tenor’s Free Concert With New York Philharmonic and Special Guests PBS.org
- Drake's 'Take Care' Blasts Onto Billboard 200 Billboard
- Andrea Bocelli Gifts New York City With A Once In A Lifetime Musical
- Trumps Trump Each Other at Andrea Bocelli Central Park Concert
- Trump family reunion, New York Post September 18, 2011 article.
- Andrea Bocelli's Central Park concert is a sell out Los Angeles Times
- Andrea Bocelli Biography - A record-breaking artist Andrea Bocelli Foundation Official website.
- Beloved Tenor Andrea Bocelli Set for National TV Appearances in Support of Andrea Bocelli Concerto: One Night in Central Park Yahoo! Finance
- 'Dancing with the Stars' week 8 results
- Andrea Bocelli, Jessie J, Jamie Cullum and Kelly Rowland join BBC Children in Need Rocks Manchester BBC
- Bocelli Sets Amway Center Ticket Sales Record
- December USA Tour Official German website
- Valentine's concert tour Official German website
- UK, Ireland Fall Tour Official German website
- US Fall Tour 2012 Official German website
- "Billboard Boxscore: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011-12-17. Archived from the original on 9 December 2011. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- "Billboard Boxscore: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011-12-24. Archived from the original on 15 December 2011. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- "Billboard Boxscore: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012-01-01. Archived from the original on 30 December 2011. Retrieved 2009-12-24.
- "Billboard Boxscore: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012-03-09. Archived from the original on 5 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-02.
- "Billboard Boxscore: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012-03-02. Archived from the original on 27 February 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "Billboard Boxscore: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2013-01-13. Archived from the original on 13 Janvier 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Billboard Boxscore: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012-12-07. Archived from the original on 30 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- "Billboard Boxscore: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012-12-08. Archived from the original on 8 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- "Billboard Boxscore: Current Scores". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012-12-15. Archived from the original on 15 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- Michael Buble's 'Christmas' Jingles At No. 1 for Second Week Billboard
- Michael Buble's Christmas Tops Billboard Again MTV
- Michael Buble Holds On To 1 Billboard Slot MTV
- Michael Buble's 'Christmas' Stays Atop Billboard 200, Black Keys Hit No. 2 Billboard
- Billboard 200 - 2011-12-24 Billboard
- Michael Buble's 'Christmas' Hits Fourth Week at No. 1 Billboard
- Billboard 200 - 2012-01-07 (No. 1-20)Billboard
- Billboard 200 - 2012-01-07 (No. 21-40 Billboard
- Top Pop Catalog Albums - 2012-01-07 Billboard
- "The Nielsen Company & Billboard’s 2011 Music Industry Report". Businesswire.com, Jan 5, 2012 article. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Classical Artist Albums Top 40". Theofficialcharts.com. 2011-12-31. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
- Concerto, One Night in Central Park, Amazon.com
- ARIA Report. ARIA. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- Concerto - One Night in Central Park chart peaks
- Canadian Albums Chart - Biggest Jump Billboard
- Media Control Charts, November 22, 2011.
- "MAHASZ – Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége (Hungarian)". mahasz.hu. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Ireland Albums Top 75, November 24, 2011.
- Classifica albuma FIMI (Italian)), November 27, 2011.
- TOP OFICIAL AFP A&E
- Polish Album Chart OLiS, 21/11/2011 to 27/11/2011
- PROMUSICAE – TOP 100 ALBUMES SEMANA 46: del 14.11.2011 al 20.11.2011 Productores de Música de España
- "Western Weekly Top 20, Week 50, 2011" (in Chinese). G-Music.com. Retrieved 2011-06-12.
- UK Albums Top 40, November 26, 2011.
- US Classical Albums Week of December 03, 2011 Billboard
- "Top Canadian Albums: Best of 2012". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Best selling albums of Hungary in 2012". Mahasz. Retrieved February 7, 2012.
- "Top Billboard 200: Best of 2012". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Year-End Top-Selling Classical Albums". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-11-16.
- "Brazilian video certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Concerto One Night in Central Park" (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos.
- "Certificazione album fisici e digitali dalla settimana 1 del 2009 alla settimana 8 del 2012" (PDF) (in Italian). Federation of the Italian Music Industry. Archived from the original on 23 March 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "American album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – CONCERTO ONE NIGHT". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH