|City and Commune|
|Coordinates (city): Coordinates:|
|Founded||30 December 1927|
|• Alcalde||Rubén Malvoa Hernández (RN)|
|• Total||70.7 km2 (27.3 sq mi)|
|Population (2002 Census)|
|• Density||1,900/km2 (4,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CLT  (UTC-4)|
|• Summer (DST)||CLST  (UTC-3)|
|Area code(s)||56 +|
|Website||Municipality of Conchali|
Conchalí (Spanish pronunciation: [konˈtʃali] audio (help·info), Pronounced: // KON-chuh-LEE) is a commune of Chile located in Santiago Province, Santiago Metropolitan Region. It is a northwestern suburb of Santiago.
According to the 2002 census of the National Statistics Institute, Conchalí spans an area of 70.7 km2 (27 sq mi) and has 133,256 inhabitants (64,973 men and 68,283 women), making the commune an entirely urban area. The population fell by 12.9% (19663 persons) between the 1992 and 2002 censuses. Its 2006 population was projected at 120,151 persons.
- Average annual household income: US$17,396 (PPP, 2006)[dead link]
- Population below poverty line: 8.0% (2006)
- Regional quality of life index: 78.61, mid-high, 16 out of 52 (2005)
- Human Development Index: 0.707, 118 out of 341 (2003)
As a commune, Conchalí is a third-level administrative division of Chile administered by a municipal council, headed by an alcalde who is directly elected every four years. The 2008-2012 alcalde was Rubén Malvoa Hernández (RN). The current incumbent is Carlos Sottolichio (PPD), who was also mayor from 1992-2000 and 2003-2008. 
Within the electoral divisions of Chile, Conchalí is represented in the Chamber of Deputies by Karla Rubilar (RN) and Daniel Farcas Guendelman (PPD) as part of the 17th electoral district, (together with Renca and Huechuraba). The commune is represented in the Senate by Guido Girardi Lavín (PPD) and Andrés Allamand Zavala (RN) as part of the 7th senatorial constituency (Santiago-West).
- "Asociación Chilena de Municipalidades" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Municipality of Conchalí" (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "National Statistics Institute" (in Spanish). Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Chile Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "Chile Summer Time". WorldTimeZones.org. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "System of Regional Information". Ministry of Planning of Chile. Retrieved 13 September 2010.[dead link]
- "Poverty in the Santiago Metropolitan Region" (PDF). Ministry of Planning of Chile (in Spanish). Archived from the original on August 24, 2007.
- "The Trajectories of Human Development in the Communes of Chile (1994-2003)" (PDF). Government of Chile, Mideplán (in Spanish). UNDP,. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Conchalí.|
- (Spanish) Municipality of Conchalí