Location of Concord, Wisconsin
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.9 sq mi (92.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (1.6 km2)|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||57/sq mi (22/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1583009|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 36.5 square miles (94.5 km2), of which 35.9 square miles (92.9 km2) is land and 0.62 square miles (1.6 km2), or 1.71%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,023 people, 757 households, and 598 families residing in the town. The population density was 56.2 people per square mile (21.7/km²). There were 770 housing units at an average density of 21.4 per square mile (8.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.37% White, 0.10% Native American, 0.15% Asian, 0.49% from other races, and 0.89% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.09% of the population.
There were 757 households out of which 31.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.4% were married couples living together, 5.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.9% were non-families. 16.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.67 and the average family size was 3.01.
In the town the population was spread out with 24.1% under the age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 29.9% from 25 to 44, 28.0% from 45 to 64, and 11.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 103.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.8 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $52,885, and the median income for a family was $56,844. Males had a median income of $37,413 versus $26,061 for females. The per capita income for the town was $21,813. About 3.7% of families and 4.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.9% of those under age 18 and 5.3% of those age 65 or over.
- John M. Sell, Wisconsin legislator
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Concord town, Jefferson County, Wisconsin". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Concord town, Jefferson County, Wisconsin". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 8, 2012.
- History of Concord, Wisconsin