Concord Regional Airport
|Concord Regional Airport|
|IATA: USA – ICAO: KJQF – FAA LID: JQF|
|Owner||City of Concord|
|Serves||Concord, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||705 ft / 215 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Concord Regional Airport (IATA: USA, ICAO: KJQF, FAA LID: JQF) is a city-owned, public-use airport located seven nautical miles (13 km) west of the central business district of Concord, a city in Cabarrus County, North Carolina, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is classified as a reliever airport for Charlotte/Douglas International Airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned JQF by the FAA but had no designation from the IATA until August 22, 2013 when it was assigned the IATA code USA.
Facilities and aircraft
Concord Regional Airport covers an area of 750 acres (300 ha) at an elevation of 705 feet (215 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 2/20 with an asphalt surface measuring 7,400 by 100 feet (2,256 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 30, 2009, the airport had 68,542 aircraft operations, an average of 187 per day: 85% general aviation, 15% air taxi, <1% military and <1% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 164 aircraft based at this airport: 52% single-engine, 27% multi-engine, 16% jet and 5% helicopter.
Airlines and destinations
|Allegiant Air||Orlando/Sanford, St. Petersburg/Clearwater (begins November 13, 2014)|
- FAA Airport Master Record for JQF ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- A search run on iata.org shows the three-letter code USA is assigned to Concord.
- Bell, Adam (2008-07-13). "Roush building hangar at Concord airport". Charlotte Observer. Retrieved 2008-07-24.[dead link]
- "Big expansion: Allegiant targets NYC, Charlotte markets". usatoday.com. 2013-08-20. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- Concord Regional Airport, official site
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial photo as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for JQF, effective August 21, 2014
- Resources for this airport: