Concord Township, Delaware County, Ohio
|Concord Township, Delaware County, Ohio|
|• Total||22.9 sq mi (59.4 km2)|
|• Land||21.7 sq mi (56.2 km2)|
|• Water||1.2 sq mi (3.2 km2)|
|Elevation||922 ft (281 m)|
|• Density||207.6/sq mi (80.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086045|
Concord Township is one of the eighteen townships of Delaware County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 4,507 people in the township, 4,088 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships and city:
- Delaware Township - northeast
- Liberty Township - east
- Dublin - south
- Jerome Township, Union County - southwest
- Millcreek Township, Union County - west
- Scioto Township - northwest
Three municipalities are located in Concord Township:
- Part of the city of Delaware, the county seat of Delaware County, in the northeast
- Part of the city of Dublin, in the south
- The village of Shawnee Hills, in the southeast
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Primary emergency medical services and fire suppression are provided by Concord Township Fire and Rescue.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Delaware County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Concord Township Fire