Concordia University (California)
|Concordia University Irvine|
|Motto||Developing Wise, Honorable, and Cultivating Citizens.|
|Religious affiliation||Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod|
|President||Dr. Kurt Krueger|
|Provost||Dr. Mary Scott|
|Location||Irvine, California, United States|
|Former names||Christ College Irvine|
|Colors||Green and Gold|
Concordia University Irvine is a private Christian university located in Irvine, California, United States and affiliated with the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod and a member of the Concordia University System. Concordia University Irvine is a USNews Top Tier Regional University which offers undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and adult degree programs with online and regional cohort options.
Motto: Developing Wise, Honorable, and Cultivating Citizens.
In the mid-1950s, a group of Southern California Lutherans began planning to instil a Lutheran college in the Pacific Southwest. By 1962 the decision had been made by The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) to build the new school. A search for the site led the founders to Irvine, California where The Irvine Company welcomed the idea of building a private Christian university. The Board of Higher Education votes to purchase the current site in Irvine where Concordia stands today. Rev. Dr. Charles Manske accepts the position to be the first president of the university and takes office in 1973. Christ College becomes the first name of the university. 
In February 1993, the Board of Regents of Christ College Irvine voted to change the name of Christ College Irvine to Concordia University Irvine which makes the university the tenth campus in the national Concordia University System. This CUS, along with the two seminaries, 130 high schools, and over 900 elementary schools of LCMS, comprises the second largest church-related school system in the United States. 
Concordia University Irvine currently offers 20 undergraduate majors and 50 specializations, 9 graduate programs, 4 adult bachelor's degree completion programs, and 3 nursing programs.
Colleges and Schools:
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Business
- Christ College
- School of Education
- School of Professional Studies
Since 2010, all Concordia students take Core courses as part of Concordia’s General Education curriculum. The classes are classic liberal arts courses which are taken together in linked pairs: biology with theology, mathematics with philosophy, and history with literature. Transfer students have their own pairing of philosophy with theology.
The Concordia University Irvine campus is fifty miles south of Los Angeles, eighty miles north of San Diego, and six miles inland from the Pacific Ocean in the city of Irvine, California. The city of Irvine is a planned community which is rated one of the safest cities of its size in the United States. The campus rests on a 70-acre plateau overlooking Orange County in a private residential community surrounded by wildlife and hiking trails. Due to growing numbers, the offices of the School of Professional Studies - Adult Degree Programs, M.A. International Studies, and the Masters in Coaching and Athletic Administration (MCAA) teams moved to an offsite location in Irvine.
Concordia–Irvine teams, nicknamed athletically as the Eagles, are part of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), primarily competing in the Golden State Athletic Conference (GSAC). Men’s sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, volleyball, water polo, and lacrosse; while women’s teams include softball, basketball, cross country, soccer, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, volleyball, water polo, lacrosse, and cheer.
Rankings and Awards
Concordia University Irvine has won Seven Team NAIA National Championships and 22 NAIA Individual National Champions, 26 GSAC Regular-Season Championships and 13 GSAC Tournament Championships. The university also has 328 NAIA All-Americans, 559 All-GSAC selections, 298 NAIA Scholar-Athletes, 279 GSAC Scholar-Athletes, 29 Capital One Academic All-District Selections, 11 Capital One Academic All-Americans, 23 GSAC Coaches of the Year, 24 GSAC Players of the Year, 7 NAIA Coaches of the Year, 6 NAIA Players of the Year, 40 NAIA All-Tournament Selections, 5 NAIA Tournament MVP Selections, and 5 Top-Five Finishes in the NACDA Learfield Sports Directors' Cup.
|Rev. Dr. Charles Manske||1973-1980|
|Rev. Dr. D. Ray Halm||1980-1998|
|Rev. Dr. Jack Preus||1998-2010|
|Dr. Kurt Krueger||2010-present|
- Misty May-Treanor—three-time Olympic gold medalist and female beach volleyball champion
- Larry Tieu (2007) - ASEAN Basketball League player for the Saigon Heat
- Concordia University Archives http://cui.libguides.com/universityarchives
|url=missing title (help).
- "Honoree". City of Irvine Website.
- "Our History". Concordia University Irvine.
- "IRVINE : Christ College to Be Concordia University". Los Angeles Times.
- "Concordia University System". Concordia University Irvine.
- "BELIEF and PRACTICE". The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
- "Academic Programs". Concordia University Irvine.
- "Core Curriculum at CUI". University Parent.
- "The CORE". Concordia University Irvine.
- "Location and Maps". Concordia University Irvine.
- "Location". Concordia University Irvine.
- "Growth at Concordia University Irvine Leads to Expansion to New Location". Concordia University Irvine.
- "Home of Your Concordia Eagles". Concordia University Irvine Athletics.
- "Education Colleges". US News.
- "Concordia Irvine Championships". Concordia University Irvine Athletics.
- "Famous Olympian Misty May-Treanor Touts Concordia's MCAA Program". Concordia Eagles. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Concordia University (California).|