From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up conductor or conduction in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Conductor or conduction may refer to:
- Electrical conductor, an object allowing the flow of electric charge
- Electrical conduction, the movement of charged particles through an electrical conductor
- Fast ion conductor, a solid-state electrical conductor which conducts due to the movement of ions
- Conduction (heat), the transfer of thermal energy through matter
- Electrical conduction system of the heart
- Conductor (music), a person who leads a musical ensemble
- The visible gestures of a conductor are known as conducting
- Conductor (album), an album by indie rock band The Comas
- Conduction, a type of structured free improvisation in music notably practiced by Butch Morris
- Conductor (transportation), a person who sells and checks tickets on a bus, train, etc.
- Conductor (architecture), a traditional name for a downspout
- Conductor (company), a provider of SEO services platforms based in New York City
- Conductor (Army), a senior Warrant Officer appointment in the Royal Logistic Corps and its predecessors
- Conductor (underground railroad), an operative of the Underground Railroad of the 19th century United States helping move slaves to freedom
- Mr. Conductor, a character in Shining Time Station and in Thomas and the Magic Railroad
- Conductor (ring theory), an ideal of a ring that measures how far it is from being integrally closed
- Conductor of an abelian variety, a description of its bad reduction
- Conductor of a Dirichlet character, the natural (smallest) modulus for a character
- Conductor (class field theory), a modulus describing the ramification in an abelian extension of local or global fields
- Artin conductor, an ideal or number associated to a representation of a Galois group of a local or global field
- In the theory of numerical semigroups, the conductor of a numerical semigroup (also called the Frobenius number of the semigroup) is the greatest integer not in the semigroup.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Conductor.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.