|Headquarters||Irvine, California, US|
|Key people||Denis Regimbal, CEO|
|Revenue||$120 million ( $1.59M FY11 )|
Conexant Systems was formed as an independent entity when Rockwell International Corporation spun off its semiconductor business to shareowners. It was listed on the Nasdaq under symbol CNXT on January 4, 1999. Dwight W. Decker was its chief executive, and it was based in Newport Beach, California.
Conexant spun off several standalone businesses to create new companies, including Jazz Semiconductor (March 2002 – private), Skyworks Solutions (June 2002 – public), Mindspeed Technologies (June 2003 – public). Its Broadband Media Processing business was sold to NXP Semiconductors in August 2008. On August 24, 2009, Conexant sold its broadband access product Line to Ikanos Communications..
In March 2013, Conexant filed for Chapter 11 protection in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. Sailesh Chittipeddi was chief executive at the time. A court approval allowed Conexant to swap their debts for all the equity of the company. As a result, the reorganized company was able to emerge bankruptcy and restart completely debt-free. They had to move their headquarters from Newport Beach to Irvine, California, and to thin out their product portfolio.
||This section appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2010)|
Conexant develops products for imaging, audio, embedded modem, and video surveillance applications.
In imaging, the company's product portfolio includes integrated multifunction printer SoCs for inkjet, laser, and photo applications. Conexant also offers products for frame and display appliances that are used in a broad range of video, audio, telephony, and digital signage applications. [clarification needed]
Embedded modem products implement protocols including V.92. Video products include video encoders and media bridges for surveillance–security products with digital video recording, and video encoders for smart home and commercial security applications.
- Conexant Systems (January 29, 1999). "Prospectus". Form S-3/A. US Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Ikanos Communications Completes Acquisition of Broadband Access Product Line from Conexant Systems, Inc.". Press release (Ikanos). August 24, 2009. Retrieved October 23, 2013.
- "Golden Gate Capital signs acquisition agreement with Conexant Systems, Inc."
- Company Website -> Portfolio -> Semiconductors
- Junko Yoshida (March 5, 2013). "How Conexant ended up filing for Chapter 11". EE Times. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "Conexant lays out post-Chapter 11 game plan"
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2008)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Conexant.|