A confectionery store (more commonly referred to as a sweet shop in the United Kingdom, a candy store in the North America, or a lolly shop in Australia) sells confectionery and is usually targeted to children. Most confectionery stores are filled with an assortment of sweets far larger than a grocer or convenience store could accommodate. They often offer a selection of old fashioned treats, and sweets from different countries. Very often unchanged in layout since their inception, confectioneries are known for their warming and nostalgic feel.
The village of Pateley Bridge claims to have the oldest confectionery store in England.
- Bruce Moore, Chief Editor, The Australian Oxford Dictionary, 2nd edition (2004). "Lolly (n)". oxfordreference.com. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- "Confectionery Timeline". Archived from the original on 2006-08-27. Retrieved 2006-09-10.
- "Fannie May - History of Chocolate". Retrieved 2006-09-10.
- "Orne's Candy Store - History". Retrieved 2006-09-10.
- "CXP Brief A Detailed Description of the Candy Store and Candy Shop- History". Retrieved 2007-06-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Candy stores.|