Conferences of the United Methodist Church
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Part of a series on|
There are several kinds of Conferences of The United Methodist Church.
- General Conference is the highest deliberative body for the United Methodist Church.
- Jurisdictional Conferences in the U.S.; and
- Central Conferences outside the U.S. elect and assign bishops in their region and comprise
- Annual Conferences, the basic organizational unit in the denomination.
- District Conference, Annual conferences are further divided into Districts, each served by a District Superintendent.
- Charge Conference, a charge is one or more churches served by a minister under appointment by the bishop.
- Context for Jurisdictions versus Conferences