|Key people||Mark Evans
Confluence is a software firm that provides back-office automation systems to the investment management industry. The company was founded in 1991, and its main offering is the "Unity platform" which is used primarily by mutual funds, hedge funds and their service providers to automate the fund administration process — including the collection, creation, confirmation, and delivery of investment product data.
According to the company’s website, Confluence technology is in use by 40 percent of the investment management firms worldwide and 60 percent of U.S. mutual funds to solve problems such as performance measurement and customized reporting for mutual funds, variable products, alternative investments, and other instruments.
The Unity platform includes 10 products that utilize a centralized data repository. The products are designed to replace manual processes and spreadsheets and automate a variety of regulatory, marketing and financial reporting functions.
Confluence is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and lists other locations in San Francisco, California, and international offices in both London and Luxembourg. Confluence is privately owned with growth equity investment backing from Polaris Venture Partners.
Confluence was founded in 1991 by Mike Schiller and Mark Evans. Schiller left the company in 1997 and Evans currently serves as Chairman and CEO of the company.
- "Confluence Technologies Inc. | Company profile from Hoover's | 412-802-8632". Hoovers.com. 2010-10-21. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "The Unity™ Platform". Confluence. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "Evolution in the Hedge Fund Back Office: Confluence Webinar Helps Fund Administrators Meet Growing Demand for Risk Control, Transparency and Scale". Us.generation-nt.com. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "Growth prospects and new wave of regulation to deliver 'one-two punch' for fund admin in 2011". Hedgeweek. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "Confluence opens San Francisco office". Hedgeweek. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- Calvey, Mark (2011-06-03). "Data manager Confluence opens West Coast office - San Francisco Business Times". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- "Confluence Recognized as One of Pittsburgh’s Fastest-Growing Companies | EON: Enhanced Online News". Eon.businesswire.com. 2011-08-26. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- Name (required) (2010-08-30). "Confluence Recognized as One of Pittsburgh’s Fastest-Growing Companies « TECHburgher :: Putting some sizzle in the Pittsburgh technology sector". Techburgher.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2011-10-23.
- Andy Quayle (2011-07-14). "Confluence Chairman, CEO and Founder Mark Evans named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year® 2011 Regional Award Winner". Techburgh.com. Retrieved 2011-10-23.