|Studio album by Konono Nº1|
Ache Records (vinyl)
Congotronics is the official debut album by Konono Nº1. It was released in 2004. by Crammed Discs. It has won the band massive favour in the dance and alternative rock scenes as well as in world music circles and in the North American and European media.
Konono Nº1's Congotronics was also released on vinyl by Canadian label Ache Records, who issued three vinyl pressings of the album: the first included 546 on black and 548 on dark green; the next two were each 1,000 copies on black vinyl.
Congotronics will now also be released on vinyl as part of Crammed Discs' Congotronics Vinyl Box Set, a limited-edition box containing 5 albums from the Congotronics Series as well as assorted bonuses.
Konono Nº1's Congotronics was the first volume in the eponymously titled, ongoing Congotronics series of albums devoted to electrified traditional music from the Congo, curated and produced by Vincent Kenis for the Crammed Discs label. Volume 2 of the Congotronics Series is the multi-artist Buzz'n'Rumble In The Urb'n'Jungle album (released on CD and video), volume 3 is In The 7th Moon, The Chief Turned Into A Swimming Fish And Ate The Head Of His Enemy By Magic by the Kasai Allstars collective, and Konono Nº1's 2010 album Assume Crash Position.
Initial critical response to Congotronics was positive. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the album has received an average score of 87, based on 11 reviews.
The album placed 31st in webzine Pitchfork Media's staff list, "Top 50 Albums of 2005," and in August 2009, "Paradiso" was named the 386th track in their staff list, "The Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s".
|4.||"Ungudi Wele Wele"||8:27|
|6.||"Kule Kule Reprise"||3:04|
- "Konono No. 1". Forced Exposure. Retrieved 1 May 2009.
- "Sounds & Visuals etc.: CRAMMED DISCS". Crammed.be. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "Congotronics LP". AcheRecords.com. Retrieved 1 May 2009.
- Leggett, Steve. "Congotronics: Overview". Allmusic. Retrieved August 26, 2009.
- Tangari, Joe (March 16, 2005). "Pitchfork: Album Reviews: Konono N°1: Congotronics". Pitchfork. Retrieved August 26, 2009.
- Powell, Mike (February 23, 2005). "Konono No. 1 - Congotronics - Review - Stylus Magazine". Stylus Magazine. Retrieved August 26, 2009.
- "Congotronics reviews at Metacritic.com". Metacritic. CNET Networks, Inc. Retrieved August 26, 2009.
- "Pitchfork Staff Lists: Top 50 Albums of 2005". Pitchfork. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "Pitchfork Staff Lists: The Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s: 500-201". Pitchfork. Retrieved 17 August 2009.
- Congotronics on Myspace
- The band's pages on the site of their label Crammed Discs
- The Congotronics mini-page
|This 2000s trance album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|