Congress of Vienna (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Congress of Vienna can refer to
- First Congress of Vienna, was held in 1515, attended by the Holy Roman Emperor, Maximilian I, and the Jagiellonian brothers, Sigismund I, King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania, and Vladislaus II, King of Hungary and King of Bohemia. It was a turning point in the history of central Europe, ultimately increasing the power of the Habsburgs and diminishing that of the Jagiellonians.
- Congress of Vienna was a conference of ambassadors of the major powers of Europe, held from 1 November 1814 to 8 June 1815, to settle issues and redraw the continent's political map after the defeat of Napoleonic France the previous spring.
- Congress of Vienna Waltz, a choreographed dance by John Hertz.
- See also
- Vienna Conference (disambiguation)
- Vienna Convention (disambiguation)
- Treaty of Vienna (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Congress of Vienna.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.