|state of Colorado|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||8,277 ft (2,523 m)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|ZIP code||80433 |
|Area code(s)||303 and 720|
|FIPS code||08-16770 |
|GNIS feature ID||0204717 |
Conifer was known in the 1860s as Bradford Junction, a stop on the stagecoach road to South Park. A few buildings were erected, including a tavern, rest house, and general store. Bradford Junction deteriorated by the 1890s when the stagecoach road was replaced by the Denver and South Park railroad.
By the 1920s the area was simply known as Conifer, a destination known for its beautiful mountain scenery and abundance of wildlife. For decades, the area was primarily a cattle ranching area, and there is still some ranching in southern parts of the community.
- The Clifton House Inn, Jefferson County Register of Historic Places
- The Conley Coffee Shop, Jefferson County Register of Historic Places
- The Lubin-Blakeslee Place at Meyer Ranch, Conifer, Jefferson County Register of Historic Places
- Midway House at Meyers Ranch, built 1889, National Register of Historic Places 5JF.303
- Original Elk Creek Fire House, Jefferson County Register of Historic Places
- Pleasant Park School, built 1894, Colorado Register of Historic Places 5JF.972
- Yellow Barn at Bradford Junction, built 1918, Jefferson County Register of Historic Places
- Coney Island Hot Dog Stand for many years it was in Aspen Park area of Conifer, but was moved to the nearby community of Bailey.
Students living within Jefferson County attend Jefferson County schools. Those neighborhood schools are Elk Creek Elementary School, West Jefferson Elementary School, Marshdale Elementary School, West Jefferson Middle School, and Conifer High School. In 2011, Conifer High School was ranked 434 in the top 500 schools in the nation by Newsweek.
Conifer residents are served by the Elk Creek Fire Protection District, a mixed career/volunteer fire department with approximately 60 active duty firefighters.
- Denver-Aurora Metropolitan Statistical Area
- Denver-Aurora-Boulder Combined Statistical Area
- Front Range Urban Corridor
- List of cities and towns in Colorado
- Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) details for Conifer, Colorado; United States Geological Survey (USGS); October 13, 1978.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Newsweek 2011 US Best 500 High Schools, Representing Top 2% - A Bridge to Ivy League-Esque Colleges". Newsweek. 2011.