From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up conjugation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Conjugation or conjugate may refer to:
- Grammatical conjugation, the modification of a verb from its basic form
- Conjugate (algebra), used to rationalize the denominator of a fraction
- Conjugate (graph theory), an alternative term for a line graph, i.e. a graph representing the edge adjacencies of another graph
- Conjugation (group theory), the image of an element under the conjugation homomorphisms
- Conjugated systems of p-orbitals in chemical molecules
- Conjugation (acid-base theory), a system describing a conjugate acid-base pair
- Conjugation (biochemistry), the turning of substances into a hydrophilic state in the body
- Conjugation (microbiology), a mechanism of exchange of genetic material between bacteria.
- Conjugal (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing "conjugation"
- All pages with titles containing "conjugate"
- Complex conjugation, the involution multiplying the imaginary part of a complex number by −1
- Conformal conjugation in complex dynamics
- Conjugation in group theory, related to matrix similarity in linear algebra
- Conjugate closure, the image of a subgroup under the conjugation homomorphisms
- Conjugate element (field theory), a generalization of complex conjugation
- Conjugate gradient method, an algorithm for the numerical solution of particular systems of linear equations
- Conjugate focal plane
- Conjugate points, in differential geometry
- Conjugate prior, in Bayesian statistics, a family of probability distributions that contains a prior and the posterior distributions for a particular likelihood function (particularly for one-parameter exponential families)
- Conjugate pairing of probability distributions, in the Fourier-analytic theory of characteristic functions and statistical mechanics
- Conjugate quantities, observables that are linked by the Heisenberg uncertainty principle
- Conjugate transpose of a matrix, especially the Hermitian transpose of a matrix
- Conjugate vaccine, in immunology
- Conjugate variables (thermodynamics), the internal energy of a system
- Conjugated system, a system of atoms covalently bonded with alternating single and multiple bonds
- Convex conjugate, the ("dual") lower-semicontinuous convex function resulting from the Legendre–Fenchel transformation of a "primal" function
- Dutch conjugation
- Harmonic conjugate in complex analysis
- Isogonal conjugate
- Inner automorphism, a type of conjugation homomorphism
- Sexual conjugation, a type of isogamy in eukaryotes
- Topological conjugation, which identifies equivalent dynamical systems
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.