Connacht Senior Hurling Championship
The Connacht Senior Hurling Championship was the premier "knockout" competition in the game of hurling played in the province of Connacht in Ireland. The series of games were organised by the Gaelic Athletic Association and were played during the summer months.
Over the last number of years the Connacht Hurling Championship has become defunct. Galway remain the only credible hurling team left in the province, thus the competition is not run any more. As a result of this Galway automatically qualified for the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship series of games by being given a pass into the Qualifier series, this however changed in 2009 when Galway competed in the Leinster Senior Hurling Championship.
Galway would go on to win the Leinster Senior Hurling Championship in the 2012 Leinster Senior Hurling Championship Final, defeating by a scoreline of 2-21 to 2-11 a Kilkenny side unbeaten in the Championship since 2004.
Roll of honour
|Galway||25||1900, 1901, 1902, 1903, 1904, 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1910, 1911, 1912, 1914, 1915, 1917, 1919, 1920, 1921, 1922, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999|
Roll of honour
|2009 to present||No championship*|
|2000 to 2008||Galway||Unopposed|
|1999||Galway 4-26||Roscommon 2-08|
|1998||Galway 2-27||Roscommon 3-13|
|1997||Galway 6-24||Roscommon 0-05|
|1996||Galway 3-19||Roscommon 2-10|
|1995||Galway 2-21||Roscommon 2-12|
|1959–1969||No Championship *|
|1922||Galway 12-08||Roscommon 1-00|
|1917||Galway 1-04||Roscommon 1-00|
|1916||Galway 2-03 *||Roscommon 3-00|
|1914||Galway 5-01||Roscommon 2-01|
|1912||Galway 4-02||Roscommon 3-03|
|1911||Galway 4-02||Roscommon 1-00|
|1910||Galway 5-03||Roscommon 1-03|
|1909||Mayo 10-01||Galway 4-01|
|1907||Galway 3-05||Roscommon 1-02|
|1905||Galway 3-15||Mayo 1-00|
|1904||Galway 2-04||Roscommon 0-02|
|1902||Galway 0-05||Roscommon 0-03|
|1901||Galway 4-10||Roscommon 2-00|
|1900||Galway 4-02||Sligo 1-02|
- 2009 - Present Galway played in the Leinster Senior Hurling Championship
- 1959 - 1969 Galway played in the Munster Senior Hurling Championship
- 1916 Galway and Roscommon drew. No record of replay, but Galway figured in All-Ireland series.
- All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship
- Munster Senior Hurling Championship
- Leinster Senior Hurling Championship
- Ulster Senior Hurling Championship
- "LIVE: Galway v Kilkenny, Leinster SHC Final". The Journal. 8 July 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2012.