|Founder||E. Alan Silver and James Goodfriend|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location||West Winfield, New York|
Connoisseur Society is an American audiophile classical music and jazz record label based in New York. It was founded by E. Alan Silver and James Goodfriend. Silver is also leading the company In Sync, which offers remasterings on CDs from tapes and LPs.
Connoisseur Society released vinyl and CD albums of Millette Alexander and Frank Daykin, known as Alexander and Daykin, Sergei Babayan, Antonio Barbosa, Samuel Bartos, Sara Davis Buechner (born David Buechner), Linda Bustani, George Darden, Kate Dillingham, Walter Hautzig, Morton Estrin, Madeleine Forte, Joyce Hatto, Michael Jamanis, Trudy Kane, Ali Akbar Khan, Ruth Laredo, Mirjana Lewis, João Carlos Martins, Blair McMillan, Ivan Moravec, Garrick Ohlsson, Zaidee Parkinson, Manitas de Plata, Richard Reid, Cynthia Raim, Alberto Reyes, Elizabeth Rich, Edward Rosser, Mordecai Shehori, Myron Silberstein, Patrick Stephens, Joe Utterback, Ilana Vered, Frances Veri, David Allen Wehr, Wanda Wiłkomirska and Oxana Yablonskaya.
The latest releases are
- Joe Utterback, piano; “So Many Stars”; Lionel Hampton/Sonny Burke: Midnight Sun; Ann Ronell: Willow Weep For Me; Bobby Troup: Get Your Kicks on Route 66 (CD 4259)
- Edward Rosser, piano; “Visions of Beyond”, late and last piano works by: Chopin, Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert, Liszt, Schumann, Debussy (CD 4260)
- Cynthia Raim, piano; Johannes Brahms: Haendel Variations, Three Intermezzi, Eight Kavierstücke (CD 4266)
- David Allen Wehr, piano; Beethoven: The 32 Piano Sonatas, Volume 4, 2 CDs; Schubert: Piano Sonata in B flat major (CD 4264)
Connoisseur Society became particularly known for the premiere recording of Scriabin's complete 10 sonatas with Ruth Laredo in 1970 (CS 2032, CS 2034 and CS 2035).
- Note in the New York Times of June 2, 1985
- Article in the New York Times of November 25, 2001
- Critics of the Bach recordings in the New York Times of March 19, 2000
- Critics of the Brahms/Dvořák recordings in the New York Times of June 9, 1991
- Critics of the Busoni recordings in the New York Times of January 4, 1998
- Critics of the Gershwin recordings in the New York Times of April 18, 1982
-  Ali Akbar Khan Discography
- Critics of the Chopin recordings in the New York Times of May 27, 2010
- Critics of the Scarlatti/Beethoven/Brahms recordings in the New York Times of September 29, 1991
- Connoisseur Society, website of Connoisseur Society