- For the Canadian ice hockey player, see Connor Brown (ice hockey).
Brown playing for Oldham Athletic in 2012
|Full name||Connor Anton Brown|
|Date of birth||2 October 1991|
|Place of birth||Sheffield, England|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2011||→ Eastwood Town (loan)||4||(0)|
|2012||→ Hinckley United (loan)||6||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Carlisle United (loan)||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:09, 26 October 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Connor Anton Brown (born 2 October 1991) is an English footballer who plays for Oldham Athletic as a defender. Born in Sheffield Brown came through the ranks at local side Sheffield United but left before making a first team appearance.
Brown started his career with Sheffield United as a junior in their Academy before signing a senior contract in the summer of 2011. After failing to make the breakthrough into the first team he was released in the summer of 2012.
After leaving Bramall Lane Brown signed a one–year deal with League One rivals Oldham Athletic with the option of a further year. In his first season with the club, Brown went on to make 29 appearances in all competitions.
In May 2013, he was rewarded with the one - year option on his contract being exercised, extending his contract for a further year.
At the end of season and after vast improvement during his second season with the club, Brown was offered a new contract. In spite of this, he was seldom in the starting line-up at the beginning of the 2014-15 season and on 3rd November 2014 he joined Carlisle United on loan. He played nine games there before returning to Oldham on 3rd January 2015.
Suspension from Sheffield United
Following the conviction of team mate Ched Evans for rape in 2012, Brown posted defamatory comments about the victim on social media site Twitter and was subsequently suspended by Sheffield United before being released.
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 40. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 525. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Brown feeling down as he leaves boyhood club". The Sheffield Star. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Player Profile - Connor Brown". Oldham Athletic FC. 28 April 2013. Retrieved 28 April 2013.
- "Trio staying at Boundary Park". Sky Sports News. 2 May 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Oldham Athletic retained list". Oldham Athletic A.F.C. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Sheffield United launch inquiry over Connor Brown's Twitter comments". The Guardian. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- "Ched Evans: Sheffield Utd's Connor Brown suspended over Twitter rape case posts". BBC News. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 26 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Connor Brown.|
- Connor Brown career stats at Soccerbase
- Official profile at Oldham Athletic
- Career statistics at Soccerway