January 31, 1990 |
Chicago, IL, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team||New York Rangers|
Prior to his enrollment at UMass Amherst, Allen played his junior hockey with the Sioux Falls Stampede of the United States Hockey League (USHL) as was a graduate of The Latin School of Chicago. He played NCAA Division I hockey with UMass Amherst in the Hockey East conference. Allen was signed to a two-year entry level contract as an undrafted free agent by the New York Rangers in March 2013, and was assigned to the club's AHL affiliate, the Connecticut Whale.
On December 28, 2013, Allen was called up for the first time from Hartford to the Rangers, and played his first NHL game on December 29, 2013, logging 16 minutes against the Tampa Bay Lightning, in a game the Rangers won 4 - 3. After the game, the Ranger's Coach Vigneault noted that Allen was “poised with the puck, wasn't afraid to take a hit to make a play, and that's why he got that ice time.” Within a week, Allen played his second and third NHL games with the Rangers—December 31 against the Florida Panthers  and January 3, 2014 against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
On November 7, 2014, Allen was called up to the Rangers for the first time in the 2014 season due to injuries in the Rangers defensive core. Allen has primarily been paired with former UMass Amherst teammate Michael Kostka in his time with the NHL club.
|2008–09||St. Louis Bandits||NAHL||46||5||10||15||48||12||1||4||5||15|
|2009–10||Sioux Falls Stampede||USHL||48||7||8||15||69||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||72||6||25||31||71||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||New York Rangers||NHL||3||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- Treff, Leslie. "Hockey's Future - Conor Allen". Hockeysfuture.com. Retrieved 2013-12-28.
- Yerdon, Joe (28 December 2013). "Rangers lose Stralman to injury, recall Allen from minors". Pro Hockey Talk. NBC Sports. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "Rangers top Lightning in Henrik Lundqvist's return to net". ESPN. Associated Press. 29 December 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- Zipay, Steve (2013-12-29). "Conor Allen Gets Almost 16 Minutes Ice Time in Rangers Debut". Newsday.com. Retrieved 2014-01-03.
- "Richards SO goal lifts Rangers over Panthers". CBS Sports. 2013-12-31. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "Connor Allen Moves the Puck Up Ice". Getty Images. 2014-01-03. Retrieved 2014-01-03.