Conrad Sangma (born 1977) is an Indian politician from the state of Meghalaya and current Leader of the Opposition in the eighth Meghalaya Legislative Assembly, where he represents the Selsella (ST) constituency in the West Garo Hills district. Previously in 2008, he became the youngest Finance Minister of the state Government at age 30.
Early life and family 
Born in 1977, Conrad Kongkal Sangma is the son of former Chief Minister of Meghalaya and also Speaker of the Lok Sabha, P. A. Sangma, his sister, Agatha Sangma is member of the 15th Lok Sabha and a former Union Cabinet minister Minister of State , while his brother James Sangma is a fellow member of the State Legislative Assembly.
He started his career in late 1990s, as the campaign manager for his father, P. A. Sangma for Nationalist Congress Party (NCP). He was first elected to the State Assembly along with his brother James Sangma, both as NCP members in the 2008 state elections and later held several important portfolios in the state cabinet, including the Finance Minister and presented his first annual budget for Meghalaya within 10 days of debuting as a minister.
- "Leader Of Opposition". Meghalaya Legislative Assembly, Official website.
- "List Of Members Of The Eight Meghalaya Legislative Assembly". Meghalaya Legislative Assembly, Official website.
- "Conrad delivers quickie budget". The Telegraph. March 28 , 2008.
- "`In Garo Hills, I'm the moon that won't be eclipsed'". Indian Express. September 25, 1999.
- "Sangma dynasty gains momentum in Meghalaya". Rediff.com News. April 23, 2008.
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|