From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up conservation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Conservation may refer to:
- Conservation movement, to protect animals, fungi, plants and their habitats
- Conservation biology, the science of the protection and management of biodiversity
- Conservation genetics - "an interdisciplinary science that aims to apply genetic methods to the conservation and restoration of biodiversity."
- Conservation (ethic), an ethic of resource use, allocation, and protection, especially of the natural environment
- Conservation organization typically an environmental organization
- Conservationist, a person who advocates for conservation of animals, fungi, plants and their habitats
- Energy conservation, the reduction of energy consumption
- Habitat conservation, a land management practice that seeks to conserve, protect and restore, habitat areas for wild animals, fungi and plants
- Water conservation, reducing the use of water to protect the environment
- Wetland conservation, protecting wetlands to conserve their ecological processes
- Wildlife conservation, protecting endangered species and their habitat
- Wildlife management, multidisciplinary practices, including conservation of species and their habitats
- Conservation authority (Canada)
- Marine conservation, the protection and preservation of ecosystems in oceans and seas
- Soil conservation, management strategies for prevention of soil being eroded from the earth’s surface or becoming chemically altered
- Conservation-restoration, art conservation, protecting works of art, preservation of cultural resources
- Conservation laws, a set of laws in physics
- Other meanings
- Conserved sequence - "similar or identical sequences that may occur within nucleic acid sequences, protein sequences, protein structures or polymeric carbohydrates."
- Conservation (psychology), learning development of logical thinking, according to Jean Piaget
- Conserved name (Latin nomen conservandum), a scientific name with specific nomenclatural protection.
See also 
- Category:Conservation for topics related to conservation of natural resources
- Conservation easement
- Conservation communities
- Historic preservation
- List of conservation topics
- Land ethic, a perspective on environmental ethics first proposed by Aldo Leopold
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.