Conservative Christian Fellowship
|Part of a series on|
The Conservative Christian Fellowship is an organisation allied with the British Conservative Party, established in 1990 by Tim Montgomerie and Conservative MP David Burrowes whilst they were students at Exeter University. The organisation wishes to unite the Christians of the British Conservative Party and to recruit more Christians into the Party.
The Mission of the CCF is:
- to build a strong, relational bridge between the Party and the Christian Community
- to seek out Christians who support the Conservatives, and encourage and equip them to play their part
- to provide unrivalled help and support to each member in their own quest to make a difference
- to embed prayer as the foundation of all our activity and fellowship.
The fellowship organises a variety of events and meetings for the Party and for its members, mostly in Westminster, but increasingly elsewhere in the country, to reflect and support its growing membership outside Greater London and the home counties. It is also an active participant in the cross-party group Christians in Politics, which is an umbrella organisation for the Conservative Christian Fellowship, Christian Socialist Movement and Liberal Democrat Christian Forum.
The Fellowship's headquarters are at Conservative Campaign Headquarters in Westminster, but is separately funded and organised from the main party organisation. Membership of the fellowship is not exclusive to party members.
The Fellowship is governed by a board of trustees. As of April 2011[update], there are three staff members: Executive Director Colin Bloom, Membership and Communications Manager Alexandra Wilkinson, and Administrator Kofo Sanusi.
The CCF's previous Executive Directors include Tim Montgomerie, Paul Woolley and Elizabeth Berridge. Tim Montgomerie is now Comment Editor of The Times. Paul Woolley is director of Theos. Elizabeth Berridge was made Baroness Berridge in January 2011.
- David Burrowes MP (Chairman)
- Jeremy Lefroy MP
- Nicky Morgan MP
- Simi Adedeji
- Lola Adedoyin
- Cllr Mary Douglas
- Guy Hordern MBE
- Dr Mark Lloyd Davies
- Alastair McIver
- Margaret McVeigh
- Cllr Robin Millar
- Rosie Smith (Company Secretary)
- David Waddell
- CCF About Us, accessed 13-2-2012.
- "Christians in Politics website launched by Speaker", news article, CCF website, accessed 13-2-2012.
- Contact Us, page, CCF website, accessed 13-2-2012.
- "Terms and Conditions", page, CCF website, accessed 13-2-2012.
- "CCF Trustees". Conservative Christian Fellowship. Retrieved 8 July 2012.