Conservative Middle East Council
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2012)|
CMEC achieves this through a number of activities. Firstly, it organises delegations of Conservative MPs and Peers to the region. Delegations have visited Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Lebanon and Tunisia.
CMEC also organises a number of events in the UK. These include talks by experts in the Houses of Parliament, receptions and lectures.
CMEC has recently also launched a blog and released its first publication looking at the Arab Spring and its implications for British Policy.
- Jeremy Greenstock, former Ambassador to the UN;
- Ahron Bregman, Professor at King's College London;
- Eugene Rogan, Director of the Middle East Centre, St Antony's College, Oxford;
- Rosemary Hollis, former Director of Chatham House and lecturer at City University;
- Rim Turkmani, Syrian activist;
- Liam Fox, (then) Minister of Defence;
- Israel and Occupied Palestinian Territories: September 2011
- Libya: September 2011
- [CMEC website http://cmec.org.uk/#]