- Birmingham Conservatoire (part of Birmingham City University)
- Guildhall School of Music and Drama, London
- Leeds College of Music
- Royal Academy of Music, London
- Royal College of Music, London
- Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester
- Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow
- Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, Cardiff
- Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London
In conjunction with UCAS, Conservatoires UK runs a clearing house for undergraduate and postgraduate music courses at seven of its member institutions called CUKAS (Conservatoires UK Admissions Service). Only the Guildhall School of Music and Drama does not accept applications through CUKAS. CUKAS allows applicants to submit one online application when applying to conservatoires, rather than a separate application for each institution (as was previously the case).
CUK Big Band
The CUK Big Band is an ensemble of young musicians from music colleges across the UK. The group has performed three times in Leeds College of Music's 'The Venue' as part of the Leeds International Jazz Conference and in 2008 performed at the annual International Association for Jazz Education Conference (IAJE) in Toronto. The band is co-directed by Mark Donlon and Issie Barratt and has performed world premieres of works by leading jazz composers such as Issie Barratt, Matt Bourne, Kenny Wheeler, Mark Donlon, Julian Joseph, Bob Mintzer, Mike Gibbs and Tim Garland. Compositions are commissioned through the PRSF funded Creative Exchange project, which also funds an annual Creative Exchange Student Composer Award.
- "Conservatoires UK Big Band". Archived from the original on 14 December 2009.
- "CUK Big Band at IAJE". 9 January 2008. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011.
|This United Kingdom university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|