|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2012)|
"Consider Yourself" is a song from the 1960s original West End and Broadway musical Oliver! and the 1968 film of the same name. It was introduced on Broadway by Davy Jones and the ensemble. In the 1968 Oliver! film, it is performed in the market predominantly by Jack Wild's performance as the Artful Dodger.
In popular culture
- In Christmas 2012, the BBC used famous actors to sing the song for promotion.
- In 2007, Richard Fleeshman and the cast of Avenue Q performed a cover version for the charity album Over The Rainbow.
- This song was also sung in the pilot episode of Sesame Street. A rearranged version of the song was used as the theme of the ITV sitcom Home to Roost.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks covered the song for their 1969 album The Chipmunks Go to the Movies.
- It was sung on an episode of Kidsongs.
- In 1977, the song was sung by The Muppets on the seventh episode of the second season of The Muppet Show to its guest star Edgar Bergen and his dummy, Charlie McCarthy.
|This 1960s song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This show tune-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|