From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up consistory in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A consistory may refer to:
- In the Roman empire, a formal meeting of the comites consistoriales
- Consistory court, a type of ecclesiastical court in the Church of England
- A papal consistory, a formal meeting of the Sacred College of Cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church
- In Scandinavia, the chapter of a cathedral
- Consistory (Protestantism), a distinct governmental and ecclesiastical office in Europe
- In continental Reformed churches, a session or governing body of a local church
- Consistory (Judaism), a body governing the Jewish congregations of a province or of a country, primarily those under French influence; also the district administered by the consistory
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Consistories.|
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Consistory.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.