|Traded as||NASDAQ: CTCT|
|Industry||Email marketing software|
|Key people||Gail F. Goodman
(Chairman, President & CEO)
Ellen M. Brezniak
(SVP, Customer Operations)
(SVP, Sales and Marketing)
(SVP, Strategy and Corporate Development)
(VP & CHRO)
(VP & General Counsel)
(EVP, CFO & Treasurer)
|Revenue||US$252.2 million (2012)|
|Operating income||US$178.6 million (2012)|
|Net income||US$12.8 million (2012)|
|References: As of January 2013.|
Constant Contact, Inc. is an online marketing company offering email marketing, social media marketing, online survey, event marketing, digital storefronts, and local deals tools, primarily to small businesses, nonprofit organizations, and membership associations. It claims over 500,000 customers after January 25, 2012.
The company was founded as Roving Software in 1995, taking its present name in 1998.
In May 2010, Constant Contact acquired NutshellMail, a free tool that lets users monitor their social media accounts from their email. As reported by Mashable.com, Constant Contact recently released other social media features, such as Social Stats, which lets users see how often their emails or events have been shared on social media platforms.
On February 16, 2011, Constant Contact acquired social CRM start-up Bantam Live.
In 2012, Constant Contact acquired two companies. On January 19, they announced the acquisition of CardStar, a mobile loyalty application. On June 13, they also acquired digital storefront provider SinglePlatform for approximately $65 million.
In 2007, the company was criticized by blogger Darren Barefoot on the grounds that its current and former employees responded deceptively to negative reviews of its products, services, and business practices. They posted positive comments about the company while concealing their affiliation with Constant Contact.
The company's response:
- Kevin Mullins ... acknowledges that the comments on Barefoot’s site were made by Constant Contact employees, but stresses that they acted against company rules. “They acted outside our corporate policy. They were disciplined, absolutely. And obviously, we educated them about the proper way to blog and to fully disclose who you are. We believe in being honest and up front about who you are.”
- "Yahoo Finance CTCT Profile". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Yahoo Finance Key Statistics". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Yahoo Finance News-Business". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Going for the Goldleaf: Meet Constant Contact’s 50... - Constant Contact Community". Community.constantcontact.com. 2012-01-25. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Deloitte's 2011 Technology Fast 500TM Ranking" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- [dead link]
- "2009 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - Winners Booklet - By Rank" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- By Business Wire (2010-05-24). "Constant Contact Acquires NutshellMail - Making Social Media Marketing Simple (Graphic: Business Wire)". TheStreet. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- Van, Jennifer (2010-09-16). "Constant Contact to Help E-mail Marketers Track Social Behaviors [EXCLUSIVE]". Mashable.com. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 (2011-02-16). "Constant Contact Buys Social CRM Startup Bantam Live For $15 Million In Cash". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Constant Contact, Inc. - Constant Contact Acquires CardStar, Inc.; Adds Mobile Loyalty Technology to its Suite of Online Marketing Tools to Help Small Businesses Grow". Investor.constantcontact.com. 2012-01-19. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Constant Contact Acquires Digital Storefront™ Provider SinglePlatform | Constant Contact Media Newsroom". News.constantcontact.com. 2012-06-13. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- Zacks, Rebecca (2007-09-13). "Constant Contact Updates IPO Filings, Acknowledges Employees’ Bad Blog Behavior". xconomy Boston. Retrieved 2010-08-15.
- Barefoot, Darren (2007-05-10). "Constant Contact, If You're Going to Post Fake Comments, Leave the Office". DarrenBarefoot.com. Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "Constant Contact Updates IPO Filings, Acknowledges Employees’ Bad Blog Behavior". xconomy. 2007-09-13. Retrieved 2011-12-21.