Constant Shallowness Leads to Evil
|Constant Shallowness Leads To Evil|
|Studio album by Coil|
|Recorded||2 April 2000|
The track names provided are "Higher Beings Command", "I Am the Green Child", "Beige", "Lowest Common Abominator", "Free Base Chakra", and "Tunnel of Goats". The tracklisting is rather mysterious as it only lists six tracks while 23 tracks are actually pressed on the CD. The most commonly given explanation (including that of the official archive) is that the final song title, "Tunnel of Goats", is that of an 18-track suite which is, along with the trio of tracks before it, the main musical basis of the live opus "Constant Shallowness Leads to Evil".
The release is unique in Coil's catalog for several things not unusual to the band separately: It is very noisy and nearly devoid of conventional instruments and vocals. John Balance's singing appears only on "I Am the Green Child" and minimally on "Tunnel of Goats", while Tom Edwards plays marimba on the former. However, their live act prominently featured Edwards's playing and, unlike the original, the live version of "Higher Beings Command" does include vocals.
The following warning appears after the track listing: "May Cause Drowsiness - Do Not Play While Driving Or Operating Machinery".
The catalogue number is ESKATON 24. Coil Presents Time Machines has the similar catalog number of ESKATON CD24.
- "Higher Beings Command" – 4:10
- "I Am the Green Child" – 13:45
- "Beige" – 5:57
- "Lowest Common Abominator"– 5:00
- "Free Base Chakra" – 5:14
- "Tunnel of Goats" – 4:59
- "Tunnel of Goats" - 0:30
- "Tunnel of Goats" - 2:00
...# "Tunnel of Goats" (23) -from 0:30 to 2:00 in alternation
- Tracks 3, 4, and 5 are continuations of each other, fading out at the end of track 5. Tracks 6 through 21 are continuations as well. Track 22 is silent, except for the beginning which is an extension from track 21. Track 23 features John Balance laughing with echo effects applied to his voice.
- Starting at 1:57 of track 10, through track 12, Balance can be heard singing in the right channel.
- The lyrics to "Tunnel of Goats" resurface on "Constant Shallowness Leads to Evil" on Live Two and the conclusion of "Backwards" on Live Three.
|This 2000s album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|