Constantin Andreas von Regel
|Constantin Andreas von Regel|
August 10, 1890|
Saint Petersburg, Russia
|Died||May 22, 1970
|Occupation||Botanist, Director of the Kaunas Botanical Garden.|
Constantin Andreas von Regel (Lithuanian: Konstantinas Regelis; born August 10, 1890 in Saint Petersburg, died May 22, 1970 in Zürich) was a Russian and Lithuanian horticulturalist and botanist. He was a grandson of Eduard August von Regel.
In 1922 he was named head of the department of botany at the Kaunas University. During the following year he became director of the newly established botanical garden at Kaunas. He was the author of approximately 150 scientific books and articles, including significant works in the fields of geobotany and phytogeography.
- Die Vegetationsverhältnisse der Halbinsel Kola, 1935.
- Florae Graecae Notulae 1941.
- Pflanzen in Europa liefern Rohstoffe, 1944.
- Die Klimaänderung der Gegenwart in ihrer Beziehung zur Landschaft, 1957.
- Die Rohstoffe des Pflanzenreichs (original author, Julius Wiesner), 1962.