|Founded||Frankfurt, Germany (April 1, 1950)|
|Key people||Bernd Eichinger (†2011)
|Parent||Highlight Communications (FWB: HLG)|
|Divisions||Mister Smith Entertainment (owned with Summit Entertainment)|
Constantin Film Distribution GmbH was founded by Waldfried Barthel and Preben Philipsen on April 1, 1950 in Frankfurt, Germany. On December 21, 1964, the name of the company was changed to Constantin Film GmbH.
In 1978, German film producer Bernd Eichinger bought into the company and became general manager of the now called Neue Constantin Film GmbH until 1999. He was the deputy chairman of the supervisory board up till his death in 2011.
Constantin Film AG has been listed on the stock market since 1999.
In 2012, Constantin Film and David Garrett of Summit Entertainment formed Mister Smith Entertainment, in which Steven Spielberg and Reliance Entertainment's DreamWorks studio formed a distribution deal with.
List of films by Constantin Film Production GmbH 
- 1982 - Christiane F.
- 1984 - The NeverEnding Story
- 1986 - The Name of the Rose
- 1993 - The House of the Spirits
- 1994 - The Fantastic Four (never released)
- 1997 - Smilla's Sense of Snow
- 2001 - Der Schuh des Manitu (Manitou's Shoe)
- 2001 - Bandits
- 2001 - Emil und die Detektive (Emil and the Detectives)
- 2002 - Resident Evil
- 2004 - Resident Evil: Apocalypse
- 2004 - Downfall (German: Der Untergang)
- 2005 - Fantastic Four
- 2005 - The Dark
- 2005 - Before the Fall
- 2006 - Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (German: Das Parfüm – Die Geschichte eines Mörders)
- 2007 - Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- 2007 - Resident Evil: Extinction
- 2008 - The Baader-Meinhof Complex (German: Der Baader Meinhof Komplex)
- 2008 - The Wave
- 2009 - Pandorum
- 2010 - Resident Evil: Afterlife
- 2010 - We Are the Night
- 2011 - The Three Musketeers
- 2012 - The Vow
- 2012 - Resident Evil: Retribution
- 2012 - Fünf Freunde (Famous Five)
- 2012 - Heiter bis Wolkig (Fair to Cloudy)
- 2013 - Tarzan
|This article about a film studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|