This audio file was created from a revision of the "Constitution Day
" article dated 2005-12-10, and does not reflect subsequent edits to the article. (Audio help
Constitution Day is a holiday to honor the constitution of a country. Constitution Day is often celebrated on the anniversary of the signing, promulgation or adoption of the constitution, or in some cases, to commemorate the change to constitutional monarchy:
- Abkhazia, November 26 (1994). See Constitution of Abkhazia, Public holidays in Abkhazia.
- Andorra, March 14 (1993). See Constitution of Andorra.
- Argentina, May 1 (1853). See Constitution of Argentina. Not a public holiday
- Armenia, July 5 (1995). See Public holidays in Armenia.
- Australia, 9 July (1900). See Constitution of Australia. Not a public holiday.
- Azerbaijan, November 12 (1995). See Public holidays in Azerbaijan.
- Belarus, March 15 (1994). See Public holidays in Belarus.
- Belgium, November 15. Dag van de Dynastie – Jour de la Dynastie (Dynasty Day)
- Brazil, November 15 (1889). Dia da Proclamação da República (Republic Day) public holiday
- Cambodia, September 24 (1993). See Public holidays in Cambodia.
- Cook Islands, August 4 (1965). Te Maevea Nui Celebrations. See Cook Islands#Public holidays and Politics of the Cook Islands#Constitution.
- Denmark, June 5 (1849, 1953). See Constitution Day (Denmark).
- Dominican Republic, November 6 (1844). See History of the Dominican Republic.
- Faroe Islands, June 5
- Federated States of Micronesia, May 10 (1979).
- Germany, 23 May (1949). See Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany. Not a public holiday
- India, November 26 (1949). Indian Constitution was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on 26 November. Celebrated all over India.Not a public Holiday.
- Indonesia, August 18 (1945). Not a public holiday.
- Ireland, December 29 (1937). Not a public holiday.
- Italy, January 1 (1948).
- Japan, May 3 (1947). See Constitution Memorial Day, Constitution of Japan.
- Kazakhstan, 30 August
- Kyrgyzstan, May 5 (1993). See Constitution of Kyrgyzstan.
- Latvia, May 1 (1920). Day of Inauguration of the Constitutional Assembly of Latvia. See Constitution of Latvia.
- Lithuania, October 25 (1992). See Constitution of Lithuania.
- Marshall Islands, May 1 (1979). See Compact of Free Association.
- Maldives, 22 December
- Mexico, February 5 (1917). See Constitution of Mexico.
- Mongolia, November 26 (1924). Mongolia adopted its constitution as a People's Republic. Its public Holiday
- Netherlands, December 15. Koninkrijksdag
- Niue, October 19 (1974). See Niue Constitution Act 1974 (NZ).
- North Korea, December 27. See Public holidays in North Korea.
- Norway, May 17 (1814). See Norwegian Constitution Day.
- Pakistan, August 13 (1973). See the Constitution of 1973 – The Existing Constitution
- Palau, July 9. See Public holidays in Palau
- Philippines. February 2 (1987). See the 1987 Constitution
- Poland, May 3 (1791). See Constitution of May 3, 1791.
- Puerto Rico, July 25 (1952). See Constitution of Puerto Rico, Holidays in Puerto Rico. Also commemorated as Occupation Day (1898).
- Romania, December 8 (1991). See Holidays in Romania.
- Russia, December 12 (1993). Not a public holiday since 2005.
- Serbia, February 15 (1835). See Serbia#Serbian holidays.
- Slovakia, September 1 (1992). See National holidays in Slovakia.
- South Korea, July 17 (1948). See Constitution Day (South Korea).
- Spain, December 6 (1978). See Spanish constitutional referendum, 1978.
- Sweden, June 6 (1809, 1974). See Instrument of Government (1809). Also known as the Day of the Swedish flag. Formally known as National holiday of Sweden.
- Republic of China, December 25 (1946). See Constitution of the Republic of China, Holidays in Taiwan.
- Tajikistan, November 6 (1994). See Public holidays in Tajikistan.
- Thailand, December 10 (1932). See Public holidays in Thailand.
- Ukraine, June 28 (1996). See Constitution Day (Ukraine).
- United States, September 17 (1787). See Constitution Day (United States).
- Uruguay, July 18 (1830). Jura de la Constitución de la República Oriental del Uruguay. See Constitution of Uruguay.
- Uzbekistan, December 8 (1992). Constitution day of Republic of Uzbekistan
- Vanuatu, October 5 (1979). See Constitution of Vanuatu
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009)