Constitution Party of Maryland
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2012)|
|Constitution Party of Maryland|
|Headquarters||P.O. Box 303
Rockville, MD 20848-0303
|Ideology||Social conservatism, National Conservatism, Paleoconservatism, American Nationalism, Economic Nationalism|
|Colors||Red, white, and blue|
The Constitution Party of Maryland is an affiliate party of the national Constitution Party. The party was founded in 1995 as the Taxpayers Party of Maryland. Along with the national party, it later changed its name. The party supports strict adherence to the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Maryland Constitution. The party takes very conservative stances on social and fiscal issues.
The party's presidential candidate has had ballot access in every presidential election from 1996 to 2008. On August 15, 2008, the party was recognized by the State Board of Elections as an official party.
Presidential Tickets 
- 1992 - Howard Phillips and Albion Knight, Jr.
- 1996 - Howard Phillips and Herb Titus
- 2000 - Howard Phillips and Curtis Frazier
- 2004 - Michael Peroutka and Chuck Baldwin
- 2008 - Chuck Baldwin and Darrell Castle
- 2012 - Virgil Goode and Jim Clymer
Endorsed State Candidates 
- Governor / Lt. Governor- Eric D. Knowles / Michael Hargadon - 8,612 votes (0.46%)
- U.S. Senate - Richard Shawver - 14,746 votes (0.80%)
See also 
- Electoral history of the Constitution Party
- Constitution Party (United States)
- List of state Constitution Parties
|This article about a United States political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|