Venezuelan Consulate-General, Houston
The Consulate-General of Venezuela in Houston (Spanish: Consulado General de la República Bolivariana de Venezuela en Houston) is a diplomatic mission of Venezuela in Houston, Texas, United States. It is located at Suite 220 at 2401 Fountain View Drive. The consulate serves Texas, Kansas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.
At one point the consulate was located in Suite 900 at 2925 Briarpark Drive in the Westchase area of Houston. In August 2008 the Venezuelans asked for permission to move to a new location. Nichole Thompson, a United States State Department spokesperson, said that the Venezuelan officials moved into the new location before receiving permission from the U.S. officials. Therefore in November of that year the United States State Department announced that it would revoke the visas of the diplomats at the Houston office and close it. The consulate resumed normal operations on December 1 of that year.
- Home page. Consulate-General of Venezuela in Houston. Retrieved on December 31, 2008.
- "Venezuela." Texas Secretary of State. Retrieved on December 21, 2008.
- "SECT6-key.gif." Westchase District. Retrieved on December 21, 2008.
- "Venezuelan officials told to pack up and leave US." Associated Press at Taipei Times. Monday November 7, 2008. Retrieved on May 10, 2009.
- Carroll, Susan and John Otis. "Venezuela Consulate shut down." Houston Chronicle. November 7, 2008. Retrieved on December 31, 2008.
- "Venezuelan Consulate in Houston resumes its activities." Embassy of Venezuela in the United States. Retrieved on December 31, 2008.