Contemporary Physics is a peer-reviewed scientific journal publishing introductory articles on important recent developments in physics. Editorial screening and peer review is accomplished by members of the editorial board.
Contemporary Physics is published at six issues per year by Taylor & Francis. The subjects covered by this journal are: astrophysics, atomic and nuclear physics, chemical physics, computational physics, condensed matter physics, environmental physics, experimental physics, general physics, particle & high energy physics, plasma physics, space science, and theoretical physics. The first issue of this journal appeared in 1959.
The top ten downloaded articles in 2008 were:
- Power laws, Pareto distributions and Zipf's law. Volume 46 (5), 2005. Newman, MEJ
- Introduction to protein folding for physicists. Volume 48 (2), 2007 Echenique, Pablo
- Quantum communication through spin chain dynamics: an introductory overview. Volume 48 (1), 2007 Bose, Sougato
- Molecular magnets. Volume 48 (5), 2007 Blundell, Stephen J.
- Coherent thermal radiation. Volume 48 (4), 2007 Greffet, Jean-Jacques; Henkel, Carsten
- Lights, action: optical tweezers. Volume 43 (4), 2002 Molloy, Justin E.; Padgett, Miles J.
- Higgs bosons, electroweak symmetry breaking, and the physics of the Large Hadron Collider. Volume 48 (1), 2007 Quigg, Chris
- Detecting quantum light. Volume 48 (3), 2007 Silberhorn, Christine
- Negative refraction. Volume 45 (3), 2004 Pendry, JB
- An introduction to quantum information processing: applications and realizations. Volume 46 (6), 2005 Kok, Pieter et al.
The journal intends to be of particular use to undergraduates, teachers, and lecturers and those starting postgraduate studies.
Abstracting and indexing 
According to the Journal Citation Reports the journal had a 2008 5-year impact factor of 3.736. Contemporary Physics is abstracted and indexed in Inspec, EBSCO Publishing, Current Contents, Current Mathematical Publications, Mathematical Reviews, SciSearch, and SciBase.
- "List of subjects" (Web site). Contemporary Physics. Taylor & Francis Group. 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- "Readership" (Web site). Contemporary Physics. Taylor & Francis Group. 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- "Journal Details" (Web site). Contemporary Physics. Taylor & Francis Group. 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- "Abstracting & Indexing" (Web site). Contemporary Physics. Taylor & Francis Group. 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-08.