Convent Station (NJT station)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||NJT Bus: 873, 878, 879|
|Passengers (2012)||1,192 (average weekday)|
The station, built in 1913–1914, has two side platforms, with the station house on the eastbound platform. A ticket office and waiting room is open weekdays. On the westbound track a brick waiting house stands. A former freight station is on the eastbound side. The main driveway into the College is located at a level crossing at the east end of the platform.
Nearby are several office complexes, including the headquarters of Honeywell to the north and Pfizer at Giralda Farms to the east. The Traction Line Recreation Trail, formerly a line of the Morris County Traction Company, runs along the northeastern side of the line.
- Townsend Jr., Thomas Taber; Thomas Taber Townsend III (1980). The Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad in the Twentieth Century - 1899-1960. Williamsport, Pennsylvania: Lycoming Printing Company. p. 98. ISBN 0960339825.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- NJT rail station information page for Convent Station
- DepartureVision real time train information for Convent Station
- Morris and Essex Line schedule (Morristown Line & Gladstone Branch)
Media related to Convent Station (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
Video of the Front of Convent Train Station Video of the Front of Convent Train Station
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|