Cooch Behar Dakshin (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Cooch Behar Dakshin|
|— Vidhan Sabha constituency —|
|Lok Sabha constituency||1 Cooch Behar (SC)|
|Electorate (year)||182,448 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 4 Cooch Behar Dakshin (Vidhan Sabha constituency) covers Cooch Behar municipality and Chandamari, Chilkirhat, Falimari, Ghughumari, Haribhanga, Moyamari, Patchhara, Putimari Fuleswari and Sutkabari gram panchayats of Cooch Behar I community development block.
Election results 
In the 2011 election, Akshay Thakur of AIFB defeated his nearest rival Adbul Jalil Ahmed of Trinamool Congress.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Cooch Behar Dakshin |
|Forward Bloc||Akshay Thakur||72,028||47.04||-4.03|
|Trinamool Congress||Abdul Jalil Ahmed||69,165||45.17||+11.29|
|Independent||Shyamal Chandra Barman||1,277|
|Independent||Prahlad Chandra Datta||745|
|Independent||Krishna Kanta Barman||685|
|People's Democratic Conference of India||Chanchal Sarkar||589|
|Forward Bloc hold||Swing||-15.32|
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||0||4|
1977 – 2006: Cooch Behar North constituency 
Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. In the 2006 and 2001 state assembly elections Dipak Chandra Sarkar of Forward Bloc defeated Mihir Goswami of Trinamool Congress. Mihir Goswami representing Congress had defeated Aparajita Goppi of Forward Bloc in 1996. Bimal Kanti Basu of Forward Bloc defeated Mihir Goswami of Congress in 1991. Aparajita Goppi of Forward Bloc defeated Mihir Goswami of Congress in 1987, Sunil Kar of Congress in 1982 and Bimal Chandra Dhar of Congress in 1977.
1977 – 2006: Cooch Behar West constituency 
In the 2006 and 2001 state assembly elections, Akshay Thakur of Forward Bloc won the Cooch Behar West seat defeating Abdul Jalil Ahmed and Soumendra Chandra Das (both of Trinamool Congress) respectively. Soumindra Chandra Das of Forward Bloc defeated Abdul Jalil Ahmed representing Congress in 1996 and Ramkrishna Pal of Congress in 1991. Bimal Kanti Basu of Forward Bloc defeated Shyamal Choudhury of Congress in 1987 and 1982, and Maqsudar Rahman of Congress in 1977.
1962-1972: Cooch Behar North, South and West constituencies 
Sunil Kar of Congress won the Cooch Behar North in 1972 and 1971. Bimal Kanti Basu of Forward Bloc won it in 1969. M.R.Tar of Congress won it in 1967. Sunil Dasgupta of Forward Bloc won it in 1962. Santosh Kumar Roy of Congress won the Cooch Behar South seat in 1972, 1971, 1969 and 1967. Sunil Basunia of Forward Bloc won the seat in 1962. Rajani Das of Congress won the Cooch Behar West seat in 1972 and 1971. Prasenjit Barman of Congress won it in 1969 and 1967. The seat was not there prior to 1967.
1951 & 1957: Cooch Behar constituency 
Cooch Behar was a joint seat in 1957. It was won by Maziruddin Ahmed and Satish Chandra Roy Singha (both of Congress). In independent India’s first election in 1951, Maziruddin Ahmed and Jatindra Nath Singha Sarkar (both of Congress) won the Cooch Behar joint seat.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "Cooch Behar Dakshin". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Cooch Behar Dakshin. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Cooch Behar Dakshin. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-20.
- "4 - Cooch Behar North Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "5 - Cooch Behar West Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-08-29.