Cooksville GO Station
|Location||3210 Hurontario Street
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||Brick station building|
|Station code||GO Transit: CKGO|
|Opened||October 27, 1981|
Cooksville GO Station is a GO Transit train and bus station the Milton line in the community of Cooksville in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. It is located at 3210 Hurontario Street, near Dundas and Hurontario Streets.
Like most GO stations, Cooksville has parking for commuters and a station building with a ticket sales agent and a waiting room. It is located near several condominium complexes, which provides ridership on the Milton Line. The 1400-space parking lot allows access to those who live closer to Mississauga City Centre to use the station.
The GO Station is served by seven trains inbound to Union Station in the morning rush hour and seven trains outbound to Milton during the evening rush hour. There is also the Train-Bus during off-peak hours, and a bus service to the University of Guelph via Square One Bus Terminal and Aberfoyle Park & Ride.
Despite growing ridership on the Milton line, GO cannot schedule additional trains because of the busy Canadian Pacific Railway freight services running on the same tracks. Trains were extended from ten to twelve carriages in a phased roll-out between April 8, 2008 and May 2, 2008 in order to increase capacity, and congestion is alleviated somewhat by the extensive train-bus services outside of rush periods.
- 62 Cooksville GO Shuttle
- 91 Hillcrest weekdays only to Mississauga City Centre Transit Terminal
- "Schedule 29 - University of Guelph GO Bus" (PDF). GO Transit. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- Garcia, Daniel; Bow, James (2010-08-29). "GO Transit's Milton line". Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "UofGuelph to Cooksville GO Train users: Milton line now has 12 car trains starting today". GOKW.org. 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- Bruce, Debbie (2008-10-14). "Spirit Train brings Olympic message to town". The Mississauga News. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Cooksville GO terminal stops" (PDF). MiWay. May 7, 2012. Retrieved March 2014.
Media related to Cooksville GO Station at Wikimedia Commons