|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (September 2012)|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Services||MBA Jobs, Community, Knowledge|
|Slogan(s)||India's Leading MBA Community Portal|
|Alexa rank||57,129 (April 2014[update])|
|Type of site||Web Portal|
CoolAvenues.com is an MBA community focused website in India which caters to MBA Aspirants, B-School Students and MBA alumni. It has multiple channels such as Jobs, Career, MBA Preparation, B-School, Knowledge Zone, Seminars & Events listing and Cafe. CoolAvenues.com's main feature has been its coverage of the placement processes of IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management) and other leading MBA institutes, as published by Business Today and Mint.
CoolAvenues.com was started in the year 2000 by three IIM and IIT alumni in order to tap the market offered by passive MBA job seekers in India during the Internet dotcom boom days. CoolAvenues became quite visible in Indian Internet space in 2000–2001 when it focused on carrying out placements surveys in top Indian B-Schools. CoolAvenues MBA recruitment trend data were widely reported and published by leading magazines, TV channels including Zee News, CNN, Business Today, Newsweek During its early phase, CoolAvenues.com tried to raise venture funding, but could not due to the dotcom bubble bust. After the bust, CoolAvenues.com abandoned its plan of fundraising and focussed on revenue generation and building its brand. It entered into the executive search market and expanded its operation to become a job board as well. The founding team of CoolAvenues.com made an exit from CoolAvenues.com at the end of 2002.
Present scenario & business model
CoolAvenues.com started as a MBA career site aimed at creating a community and targeting passive job seekers. With time, it expanded its offering to include the pre-MBA population. At present the main focus of website is management graduates and MBA aspirants.
CoolAvenues.com has a job board focussed on MBA Jobs and serves a wide range of clients, including Cap Gemini, Deloitte, Accenture, Quardangle (Naukri.com), and Mahindra & Mahindra. Apart from MBA Jobs, CoolAvenues.com has content for MBA aspirants, which includes CAT (Common Admission Test) preparation, B-School FAQs, Alumni Interviews, and MBA Insiders.
CoolAvenues MBA placement surveys
CoolAvenues.com started with coverage of placements in IIMs. This was of high interest and generated a lot of visibility for the site. In 2000, CoolAvenues.com released its Placement Survey, which was jointly published by Business Today as the BT-CoolAvenues.com Placements Survey. This relationship continued for eight years, with Business Today publishing jointly-branded BT-CoolAvenues.com Placements Surveys from 2000 to 2007. Mint, A Hindustan Times and Wall Street Journal Initiative, published the CoolAvenues Placement Survey in 2007, 2008, 2009 2010 and 2011.
- "Coolavenues.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- TESSY KOSHY (TESSY_KOSHY@YAHOO.COM) (3 September 2009). "A COOL MANAGEMENT SITE : Telegraph India – A leading Indian Newspaper, published on 3rd September 2009". Telegraph India. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "CoolAvenues Articles Published on Mint – A Hindustan Times – Wall Street Journal Initiative". Livemint.com. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Telegraph article published on 22 April 2010
- "Coolavenues.com on the job". The Financial Express. 5 March 2000. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "www.coolavenues.com – How to net a job". The Hindu. India. 24 September 2000. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- Karen Breslau (29 April 2001). "Looking Beyond The Dot Bomb- Newsweek/CoolAvenues.com". Newsweek. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Coolavenues.com to put 20% equity on the block : Indian Express". The Indian Express. 22 March 2000. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Annus Horribilis | Placements 2002 : The BT-Cool Avenues Campus Hustings – Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Raiders Of The New Arc : Placements 2003 :A BT-Coolavenues.com study – Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. 13 April 2003. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- By E. Kumar Sharma (6 June 2004). "The Year of Comeback : Placements 2004 : A BT-CoolAvenues Study- Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "A Sign Of The Times : A BT-Coolavenues.com study : Placements 2006 – Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- By A BT-Coolavenues.com study. (6 May 2007). "Sold on India : Placements 2007 :A BT-Coolavenues.com study- Business Today". Archives.digitaltoday.in. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2007 : LiveMint Report : CoolAvenues Placements 2007 Survey" (PDF). Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2008 : LiveMint Report : CoolAvenues Placements 2008 Survey" (PDF). Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "CoolAvenues Placements 2009 MBA Survey". LiveMint. 15 May 2009. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2009 : LiveMint Report : CoolAvenues Placements 2009 Survey" (PDF). Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2010 : LiveMint Report : CoolAvenues Placements 2010 Survey". Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "MBA Placements 2011 : B-Schools | A placement report card : CoolAvenues Placements 2011 Survey". Livemint.com. 22 April 2011. Retrieved 17 January 2012.